Regular Contributor

Amy Stran's High Pressure Sales Pitch

I was switching channels about 7 p.m. last night and she was presenting a LOGO sweater for the second time.  She got very serious and said Lori spent  a lot of money to make this sweater for you and there is no reorder on it.,  I thought that was not like her and I didn't appreciate the high-pressure tactic.  I think she was trying to justify the high price of the sweater.  I switched channels after that.  If this is going to be their tactics for sales in the future I will not be watching.  QCV's prices are out of sight foir the quality of the garments.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amy Stran's High Pressure Sales Pitch

@dmeasy   I watched that presentation.   I did not interpret it any other way than it being their job to sell.   The good thing about it is we don't have to fall for high sales pitches.  They all do it.  But yes, the fashion prices are very high.  They have gone up exponentially, everywhere

Honored Contributor

@dmeasy    watched only during commercials elsewhere, but never heard anything pushy.   

Honored Contributor

It's unfortunate that Lori invested so much in that sweater, but I'm not going to bail her out.  Maybe her friends will.

Valued Contributor

Oh , I wouldn’t worry too much . Amy doesn’t know where you live !

Respected Contributor

IMO, all of the hosts use high pressure sales pitches.  The way that they do is supposed to be that you do not notice.  The hosts have different techniques, but they all do it.  That's pretty much their job description.  Excellent sales people sell hard in such a way that you don't even feel it.  Amy is not the only one, it's every host or they wound not be employed.

Esteemed Contributor

The interesting thing is we all know the high pressure sales tactic they all use, and yet they continue using them without even trying to make adjustments. 

Esteemed Contributor

I remember when one particular host would say, "If you can afford it, get 2 or 3."

She thought by adding, "If you can afford it", made it sound less harsh -- like she was concerned about customers spending too much.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@dmeasy   I watched that presentation.   I did not interpret it any other way than it being their job to sell.   The good thing about it is we don't have to fall for high sales pitches.  They all do it.  But yes, the fashion prices are very high.  They have gone up exponentially, everywhere

@Teddixat   Yes, prices have gone up, but the stores/sites where I purchase clothing have been offering 40%-50% off merchandise almost all the time. That's a clearance or sale...not 5 easy pays and free shipping. Many sites offer free ship/free returns or after spending $50 all the time. 

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I remember when one particular host would say, "If you can afford it, get 2 or 3."

She thought by adding, "If you can afford it", made it sound less harsh -- like she was concerned about customers spending too much.

@Daisy Sunflower   How about purchasing $50  items for teachers, mail people. etc.