Honored Contributor

Re: American made disposable, face masks

@goldensrbest wrote:

I find the disposable masks easier to wear in this hot weather.

@goldensrbest 

Just went through a very lengthy searching about paper face masks, which are supposed to be better and more effective (and cooler) than cloth masks. Checked WHO and CDC information, too.

What I learned:   90%+ paper masks are made in China.  Sellers are scamming people by saying in their ads SHIPPED from USA, so USA comes up in the searches.   People think they getting American-made, and they aren't.

Try this link and see if it gets you what you want ... let me know, ok?

https://usamadelist.com/masks-and-face-covers/

Mask   Mask   Mask

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@3catmomma wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Only disposable masks, made in usa, got fabric ones.Read what my title asks.

Rude  much? You should be thankful people took the time to reply.

@3catmomma 

???    She wasn't the least bit rude.  She wanted paper, disposable, and people didn't even read what she was asking for.   

Mask   Mask   Mask

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest 

Just went through a very lengthy searching about paper face masks, which are supposed to be better and more effective (and cooler) than cloth masks. Checked WHO and CDC information, too.

What I learned:   90%+ paper masks are made in China.  Sellers are scamming people by saying in their ads SHIPPED from USA, so USA comes up in the searches.   People think they getting American-made, and they aren't.

Mask   Mask   Mask

Mine made the list.  EcoGuard disposables.  Feel really good about that purchase.  Out for delivery and am ordering more today.

I wear cloth masks also, but find it a pain to have to wash each time or a pile gathers.  My favorite ones are from Fabulous Furs and per their website they are made in the USA, but they are not listed on your link.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest 

Mask   Mask   Mask

That is very good infomation, thank you.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest  I bought one from Antthony (HSN) that is made in Los Angeles, near his home in his factory.  I also just ordered a few from Etsy, ones where the face is not covered.  I do not always understand when someone is talking through a mask, so I am going to wear the clear ones so that I can be understood.  I probably will give one to my trainer at the Y since she is supposed to wear one all of the time, except when I ask her to remove hers so that I can understand her.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Contributor

I purchased a box of 50 disposable masks from Amazon about 3 weeks ago. Seller is Dre Health. They say made in U.S.A.

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@goldensrbest  I bought one from Antthony (HSN) that is made in Los Angeles, near his home in his factory.  I also just ordered a few from Etsy, ones where the face is not covered.  I do not always understand when someone is talking through a mask, so I am going to wear the clear ones so that I can be understood.  I probably will give one to my trainer at the Y since she is supposed to wear one all of the time, except when I ask her to remove hers so that I can understand her.

disposable masks is what i was speaking of.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

A while back (which seems like a year) I found disposable masks made in the USA.  I hate to say it, but the quality was awful! and they were very expensive.

The mask was rough and scratchy and had so much "lint" it made me cough and sneeze it was terrible.

The straps fell off most of the masks.   I was SO disappointed.

At least I tried!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

A while back (which seems like a year) I found disposable masks made in the USA.  I hate to say it, but the quality was awful! and they were very expensive.

The mask was rough and scratchy and had so much "lint" it made me cough and sneeze it was terrible.

The straps fell off most of the masks.   I was SO disappointed.

At least I tried!

@Abrowneyegirl 

We wore our new EcoGuard (American Made) disposables last night for almost 4 hours straight while visiting our grandson.

Not rough or scratchy, very comfortable.  

We've both had the ear straps break on other disposables I've purchased, thankfully it was while we were still in the car putting them on. 

I'm pretty sure all the ones I've bought previously were all made in China because little slips of paper with Chinese characters would always be in the plastic sleeve.

Luckily, I keep a good stock in each vehicle.  I also keep at least 2 extra in my handbag in a baggie should that happen in a store.

Mine came out to about 51 cents each.  I held off ordering more yesterday, but my next 2 batches will be free.  (I'll use my Citi-bank points for Amazon) in another week or so.

I'm satisfied with my American Made purchase.  I don't think anyone here would believe how much I do go out of my way to buy American (and cruelty free, and organic and vegan).  I'm a very stubborn person. Woman LOL

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just got email from Costco advertising another 50 qty Face Mask for $17.99...The name is DSBJ . After researching on Google, the company IS in China..Just wanted to let people know that Costco has them cheaper than another company they also sell for $20.99.  Both are Free Shipping and Handling