Honored Contributor
On 3/20/2015 Lucky charm said:

I think that J-Lo should've done her performance LIVE.

I mean she's considered the 'celebrity judge'.

I bet she had to do many re-takes to get the performance we saw, which was just average.

The glittered face makeup was used to throw us.

She didn't sing it live? It was taped, then shown? Is Idol even Live now?

Regular Contributor

I was happy that Quasim was going to be leaving and wish they hadn't used the save on him only because his voice is not that great but because he's such a dynamo performer they need him to bring up the energy of the show. Daniel is not good but at least he has a better voice with potential. I didn't understand why they were so critical of Tyana?? The others were mediocre except for Clark who did a great job.

Honored Contributor
On 3/20/2015 juliet said:

I was happy that Quasim was going to be leaving and wish they hadn't used the save on him only because his voice is not that great but because he's such a dynamo performer they need him to bring up the energy of the show. Daniel is not good but at least he has a better voice with potential. I didn't understand why they were so critical of Tyana?? The others were mediocre except for Clark who did a great job.

Daniels' voice needs to change. i see the teen girls voting for him. Tyana is one of the more consistent singers this season.

Honored Contributor
On 3/20/2015 missy1 said:

I bet she had to do many re-takes to get the performance we saw, which was just <em>average</em>.

I don't know how they got all that face glitter and sparkly eye makeup off her during a commercial break. She wasn't all bedazzled when they came back.

Not to mention a costume change out of the gown and get her boobs back (up) into the blue outfit.

Respected Contributor
I was shocked they used the save, they have a long way to go hope they don't regret their decision.....my top two picks are, Clark and Nick!
Honored Contributor
On 3/20/2015 serenna said: I was shocked they used the save, they have a long way to go hope they don't regret their decision.....my top two picks are, Clark and Nick!

Nick is one of my favorites, along with Jax and Joey. Nick needed to pick a better song choice last night. He sang great last week. The judges have never used a save this early.

Respected Contributor
On 3/20/2015 missy1 said:

I bet she had to do many re-takes to get the performance we saw, which was just <em>average</em>.

I don't know how they got all that face glitter and sparkly eye makeup off her during a commercial break. She wasn't all bedazzled when they came back.

Not to mention a costume change out of the gown and get her boobs back (up) into the blue outfit.

It wasn't live - I'm assuming pre-recorded early in the week. Too much details/lighting to do that live in between contestant perfomances. It did look like she sang it and didn't lipsync it.

On the flip side...Kenny Loggins was lip syncing....anyone else notice his snafu right near the end when his mouth was still moving but he wasn't singing.

Regular Contributor

This season is nothing short of a hot mess. I don't know why I am still watching except for the fact that's it's like watching a train wreck. It'll be interesting to see who wins the finale if I last that long.

Honored Contributor

Kinda crazy that the artists that perform on these shows wouldn't (or can't!) do it live and that means no lip syncing.

Takes away from the contestants to be judged on their live performance.

I was disappointed in the show last night, maybe because if was movie soundtracks or whatever.

Don't know who the two guys were that were 'coaching' them, either. (Don't shoot me for that, though.)

Honored Contributor

The Voice is so much better. I used to think that Idol was the end all and The Voice was 'weak'. Totally opposite now.