Honored Contributor

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY USED THE "SAVE" ON HIM SO EARLY IN THE GAME. His performance, if one can call it that, was horrendous. He will be gone next week.

Only one or two were good (Clark, my favorite, and Joey). There must have been a black cloud over that theater last night. I think Harry was totally disgusted, and wouldn't be surprised if his vote and statement that it was "the best performance of the night" was sarcastic.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor
On 3/20/2015 straykatz said:

Qassim is fun and entertaining but his vocals are simply not up to par....I would not have used the save on him. However.....I'm glad the save is now gone so it is not hanging over their heads week after week.

I liked Joey's Mad World...have I heard better?...yes...but I still felt she did a good job.

Tyanna was my biggest disappointment of the night.....up to last night I felt she was the one to beat...her competition to lose....and if she sings anymore like that Lion King song she won't make it to the final.

Rayvon is simply sooooooo forgettable to me.....and IMO he butchered that Bee Gees song.

I see the appeal for Daniel...and he could be very marketable but I am not a fan of his squeaky voice.

Maddie was too pagentry...she could have really put a country falir/twist on that song last night and she failed to deliver....I would give her a pass though since she didn't get to be coached like the others due to her appendix operation.

You said everything I am thinking. So far, Joey has been our favorite with Clark being a second.

We also liked Tyanna and she was consistent until last night's performance. It wasn't good.

As for the save, well, now it's done, although as I said in my prior post, I'm surprised they used it this soon. I got the feeling that JLo was the judge pushing to save him. What a waste of a save IMO.

I saw where Maddie's health wasn't good but didn't know she needed surgery.

Honored Contributor
On 3/19/2015 missy1 said:
On 3/19/2015 mewsmomtoo said: Not a great Idol night but Kenny Loggins was AWESOME! Had to get up and dance, so fun to see and hear him!

Kenny was the best singer of the night! He gets my vote!

I thought Joey, Jax and Clark did ok.

JLo's song was a mess, but I liked the graphics. (dress etc.)

JLo needs a production around her. Her voice alone is just average. She's a good performer when she has her troupe with her on stage. She was nervous, because she knows it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor
On 3/20/2015 Ford1224 said:

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY USED THE "SAVE" ON HIM SO EARLY IN THE GAME. His performance, if one can call it that, was horrendous. He will be gone next week.

Only one or two were good (Clark, my favorite, and Joey). There must have been a black cloud over that theater last night. I think Harry was totally disgusted, and wouldn't be surprised if his vote and statement that it was "the best performance of the night" was sarcastic.

Do you honestly think Harry would made a statement like that just to be sarcastic? Harry is the most forthright judge on the panel. Hands down it was the best of the night....very entertaining....vocally Qassim is weak...but he is entertaining to watch. Joey and Clark were also good last night.

Honored Contributor

Do you honestly think Harry would made a statement like that just to be sarcastic? Harry is the most forthright judge on the panel. Hands down it was the best of the night....very entertaining....vocally Qassim is weak...but he is entertaining to watch. Joey and Clark were also good last night.

My answer is yes. No one with Harry's talent and experience could have seen anything in that performance. So we'll have to disagree on that.

As for Joey and Clark, yes . . . best of the night. Clark is my favorite to win, but my favorites never win.

Formerly Ford1224
Respected Contributor
On 3/19/2015 mewsmomtoo said: Not a great Idol night but Kenny Loggins was AWESOME! Had to get up and dance, so fun to see and hear him!

JLo needs a production around her. Her voice alone is just average. She's a good performer when she has her troupe with her on stage. She was nervous, because she knows it.

I thought she came off beautiful and poised....standing still like that and just singing is not her forte....she is usally dancing and bouncing all over the stage.....the song itself was just okay....I'm generally not a fan of her music so I don't see the song being a hit outside of the movie it was made for.

Respected Contributor

My answer is yes. No one with Harry's talent could have seen anything in that performance. (I am talking about the "SAVE" performance, the last one who sang.)

As for Joey and Clark, yes . . . best of the night. Clark is my favorite to win, but my favorites never win.

I don't think Qassim deserved the save to be used on him....but I also do not believe Harry would have agreed to save him unless he did feel the perfomance was the best of the night....Qassim brought the house down with that performance..I'm sorry you can't see that.

Honored Contributor

My answer is yes. No one with Harry's talent could have seen anything in that performance. (I am talking about the "SAVE" performance, the last one who sang.)

I don't think Qassim deserved the save to be used on him....but I also do not believe Harry would have agreed to save him unless he did feel the perfomance was the best of the night....Qassim brought the house down with that performance..I'm sorry you can't see that.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. No biggie.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

I thought she came off beautiful and poised....standing still like that and just singing is not her forte....she is usally dancing and bouncing all over the stage.....the song itself was just okay....I'm generally not a fan of her music so I don't see the song being a hit outside of the movie it was made for.

Disney songs all sound alike.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

I think that J-Lo should've done her performance LIVE.

I mean she's considered the 'celebrity judge'.

I bet she had to do many re-takes to get the performance we saw, which was just average.

The glittered face makeup was used to throw us.