Super Contributor

Re: American Idol ~ 1.15.14 Spoilers

I miss the bad auditions too! AI was sooo funny back when it started. I think they are trying to emulate The Voice. JMO.

I have to say J Lo is looking great! She dresses nice and her skin is lovely.

Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2014 missyw1 said: I miss the bad auditions.

The last couple of years they dedicated one night (usually last night of auditions before hollywood week) to show casing the really bad and really funny stuff.

Respected Contributor

I miss Simon.

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2014 muttmom said:

I miss Simon.

Me too. Idol has gone down hill since he left. I miss Randy too. I think the show will be over when Ryan leaves.
Super Contributor

Croemer, I gave up a while ago, but I'll take a listen to any stand outs you people here recommend. That's the beauty of being able to watch performances on the AI site.
Trusted Contributor

After being a loyal fan of this show since opening season, I almost stopped watching last year because of the feud between the Divas. I could tell that Randy and Keith were very ill at ease sometimes when the Nicki and Mariah would have their spats. This season seems to have so much more easygoing comraderie with the judges that I think it will be a good, enjoyable season!!

Valued Contributor

On 1/16/2014 muttmom said:

I miss Simon.

Same here. IMO, they put through many that I don't think Simon would have. We are enjoying Keith and got a kick out of Harry, particularly with how many of the contestants who didn't know who he is.

However, it felt that he's more like Simon with the talent and it was noticeable how Jennifer Lopez seemed to be making the decisions, i.e., "I'm ready to vote, etc." Perhaps she thinks she is the "head judge" and making the decisions. There was a moment when she wouldn't even let Harry finish his sentence. And the amount of camera time on her was way too much IMO unless she negotiated that in her contract.

Of course, in all fairness, it has just begun and it's certainly better than seeing the 2 divas from last year's, particularly "my little ladybug".

Respected Contributor

Harry is quite the tough guy! I like the fact that he is a trained musician and it's going to be interesting. I loved when he called JLo out on the girl they put through and he thought all she did was runs and was not that good. He said, "we'll see".

Regular Contributor

Thought the season got off to a very good start. I am loving Harry Connick, Jr. and always liked Keith. Jennifer is fine, I have no problem with her. I especially appreciated when Harry called out Jennifer and Keith for going crazy for the "runs" that some of the singers do. I said to myself, "at last there is someone here who doesn't go nuts when they start screaming and trying to be Mariah Carey with all of the runs and flourishes." Maybe we'll get some really good contenders this time around. Some of them last night were really good. And P.S., Jennifer looked especially good I must say. Not looking forward to Keith with short hair, though.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Honored Contributor

I only saw a few minutes of last night's show. However, I was pleased about the panel of judges for this season: Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr. I prefer a three judge panel. It was great that we didn't have to listen to screaming and yelling and way off pitches from the awful auditions as in past years.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~