Esteemed Contributor
On 9/10/2014 Shorty2U said:

I like Miguel! I think he's very hip, and current. The other singers are very good but boring to me. I would not buy their music, I would buy Miguel's music. I also like Mat Franco! AND I liked the cello players E&D so I was sad to see them go. I hope someone gives them a gig.

Hi Shorty2U, I'm happy to see that you like Miquell too. I would definitely buy his music and spend money for a ticket to see him perform. The song he sangTuesday night was one I never heard but it was awesome. I think the background music is way too loud when he sings and it is hard to hear him. If he doesn't win I would venture to say he will get a recording contract.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor

I'm pleased I found somewhere to vent my frustration over seeing "miguel" make it by the skin of his teeth. It is so apparent he is being pushed for his "packaging" and potential "$" making ability from all the tweenie bops who need a living Littlest Pet Shop who plays "sing a song". Ug...

I think Emily is everything ethereally pleasing and entrancingly gifted… I bet, too, she has the ability to act (old school craft acting, not this "reality" ego based scripting). Yellow brick road, enchanting, hauntingly memorably singing and lady.

Em eye gee,

You eee el?

No! No! No! No!

Honored Contributor

There is one magician in particular I like (the one who does legerdemain); not sure of his name. And I like Emily West.

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/11/2014 ical said:

I'm pleased I found somewhere to vent my frustration over seeing "miguel" make it by the skin of his teeth. It is so apparent he is being pushed for his "packaging" and potential "$" making ability from all the tweenie bops who need a living Littlest Pet Shop who plays "sing a song". Ug...

I think Emily is everything ethereally pleasing and entrancingly gifted… I bet, too, she has the ability to act (old school craft acting, not this "reality" ego based scripting). Yellow brick road, enchanting, hauntingly memorably singing and lady.

Em eye gee,

You eee el?

No! No! No! No!

Okay ical, you have me totally confused by the last three comments care to enlighten me? I agree about Emily West, she is awesome and when she sang Nights in White Satin she almost brought tears to my eyes. Miquel is not a screamer, thank goodness, he is a talented clean cut young man. Did you per chance see the young man who won American Idol this last season? Check him out on you tube and do a comparison. I have no doubt that Miquel will get a recording contract and I would be delighted to pay for a ticket to see him on stage.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor
On 9/11/2014 Lindsays Grandma said:
On 9/11/2014 ical said:

Em eye gee,

You eee el?

No! No! No! No!

Okay ical, you have me totally confused by the last three comments care to enlighten me? I agree about Emily West, she is awesome and when she sang Nights in White Satin she almost brought tears to my eyes. Miquel is not a screamer, thank goodness, he is a talented clean cut young man. Did you per chance see the young man who won American Idol this last season? Check him out on you tube and do a comparison. I have no doubt that Miquel will get a recording contract and I would be delighted to pay for a ticket to see him on stage.

M I G,

U E L

---

I think I did watch it last year, but, lol, I cannot remember who won! There you go, forgettable, if that is an indication. What is his name? If similar to Miguel, I suppose you are right. He will win. Last year's toy-boy promo was forgotten, so this one might bring in the $$. It's a business. However, Emily may just make them rethink things if she keeps it up. But will she bring in the market they want (young beating hearts under training bras)? Not sure. Miguel has another market "share" (potentially). His name is Miguel, not Michael. And to be honest, this might be the market they are targeting most of all, imo.

Trusted Contributor

I am rooting for Emily West. I thinks she is a magical singer. I would pay money to go see her. I also like Mat Franco. Although I thought Mike Super was better this week.

Acro Army is amazing.

I wish all 3 could win.

Super Contributor

It really doesn't matter who wins. The prize isn't really a million dollars in your hand; it's either an annuity giving a million over 50 years or a much smaller lump sum now. What it means for the really good performers is publicity, the opportunity to be seen on TV, to market themselves.

Adam Lambert didn't need to win Idol, he just used it to get his name and face out there. Most people can't even remember who won, when Lambert came second. Winning isn't everything.

The top six are all winners.

Honored Contributor
On 9/12/2014 Clover29 said:

It really doesn't matter who wins. The prize isn't really a million dollars in your hand; it's either an annuity giving a million over 50 years or a much smaller lump sum now. What it means for the really good performers is publicity, the opportunity to be seen on TV, to market themselves.

Adam Lambert didn't need to win Idol, he just used it to get his name and face out there. Most people can't even remember who won, when Lambert came second. Winning isn't everything.

Jackie Evancho finished second and has had her own PBS special.

How many AGT winners that were singers, have become headliners?

Super Contributor
On 9/12/2014 lulu2 said:

That chicken catcher guy is now a huge star!

No, wait, he's a total nobody.

I have no idea how he won, other than the people who voted have very strange taste.

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/12/2014 lulu2 said:

I remember the night Michael Grimm won and Jackie Evancho came in second. As much as I admired Jackie I knew she already had a career and Michael was struggling to make it. He is very talented and I loved him and voted for him. He has made many albums and toured numerous times and has been back on the show as a guest. I think the judges have to stop telling certain contestants that they are wonderful and will win it all. Howie in particular kept telling Jackie she was going to win and when Michael's name was announced as the winner the look of surprise on Jackie's face is priceless because she was so sure she was going to be the winner. By the way, I didn't recognize the song she sang Wednesday night but I liked it and will bring up on you tube so I can hear it again.