Honored Contributor

Re: America Drowning in Milk Nobody Wants

I would happily drink milk, if it ddn't contain carbs

Respected Contributor

I don't think medical science thinks it is wise to skip the protein, calcium and other nutrients in milk if we plan to bear and raise healthy kids.

Lots of info on that topic here...........

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1435952/

Honored Contributor

@novamc1

Milk is unhealthy. Lots of healthy ways to get nutrients. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3

Well, maybe so, if you're into popping pills containing lots of vitamins and minerals as an alternative  I'm sure the unregulated vitamin industry will be happy to supply them.

Humans are animals.....carnivores/omnivores......need a wide variety of food sources to stay alive.  And that's not just an opinion.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

Milk isn’t healthy but I’m sure that is not why it isn’t selling.

How do you figure?  You have the right to your opinion but posting things like that w/o proof is not helpful to anyone.  My husband is a dairy farmer whose livelihood depends on milk.

Honored Contributor

I like the taste of milk. My idea of heaven is ice cold milk, and chocolate cake..I can't do either, but, if I could, I would.

Honored Contributor

I don't take calcium supplements (for a variety of reasons), don't eat dairy products, and get good amounts of dietary calcium from nuts, seeds, and greens.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

Milk isn’t healthy but I’m sure that is not why it isn’t selling.

How do you figure?  You have the right to your opinion but posting things like that w/o proof is not helpful to anyone.  My husband is a dairy farmer whose livelihood depends on milk.

Are we a baby cow?

No, so we aren’t meant to drink milk.  It’s not rocket science.

Marketing will say grass fed, free range, special cow milk is 

good for us by the way it was raised/manufactured but the

fact is...animal milk is not healthy due to the fact it’s...animal.

Animals have natural hormones which are not healthy for the human.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I remember when the Chobani thing exploded.  I happened to be buying yogurt off the shelf, and an executive of that market told me to expect to see others get pushed off the shelf - she was right.  Prices got crazy and there was always a frenzy in that area of the store.

I remember as a child, when yogurt first appeared on our grocery shelves, in my town.  "Grape" was a flavor, bur it had to be stopped because it fermented and lids were popping off.  That stuff was good.  Nice and chunky and a little sour, in a good way.

@Sweetbay magnolia

As I don't consume dairy, I don't consume dairy yogurt.  But I LOVE coconut kefir yogurt.  I eat COCOYO almost every day.  Great stuff.  I eat with some blueberries or in a smoothie.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@willdob3

Well, maybe so, if you're into popping pills containing lots of vitamins and minerals as an alternative  I'm sure the unregulated vitamin industry will be happy to supply them.

Humans are animals.....carnivores/omnivores......need a wide variety of food sources to stay alive.  And that's not just an opinion.

@novamc1

No. Milk - and dairy - is not really healthy for humans. It is all just marketing. 

Milk from mothers is good for infants but it is not good for us when we get older.