Esteemed Contributor

Re: America Drowning in Milk Nobody Wants

@sidsmom wrote:

The Plant-Based World is here.

Changes won’t be overnight but we will be seeing

regional/global changes at a gradient over the next decade(s).

This is a perfect example. 

People are starting to realize animal products are not healthy and

the ethical treatment of animals is finally reaching our souls. 

Just a matter of time before the medical field begins 

to embrace plants to heal.  That might take longer since

there’s more $$$$, but it will happen..maybe not in our

lifetime, but the trend is happening. I have hope. 

🌼💛🌱

@sidsmom

I will never embrace an plant-based food plan.  No way.

If you buy into the linked report, then I get where your mind-set is.  I, for one, am all for a strong dollar.  The issue is with a weak European economies, due to marked internal issues which exist within those countries and is driving down the Euro.

Don't fall for the "Most darkly..."   Absolutely laughable.

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

The milk on your grocer's shelves is a far cry from the milk that generations ago came from the family cow.

@QueenDanceALot  How was it different in your checking?  I am sure, as you are an authority on it, you will be able to provide us all with that information.

@Nonametoday

I'm sure that you didn't mean this in the very snarky manner in which it reads, so I will answer.

The family cow wasn't part of an industrial money making operation where the cows are routinely fed antibiotics and hormones.

You are dead wrong about that. Every tank of milk is strictly tested for the presence of any antibiotics, and if there's the slightest amt. then that tank is DUMPED!  It is not allowed anywhere near store shelves. You shouldn't be spreading such blatant untruths. I know this because my family has been in the dairy industry for years, and unfortunately must endure such lies put out there daily.

https://www.greenamerica.org/industrial-agriculture/dean-foods-what-starbucks/antibiotics-dairy-indu...

@KKJ wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

The milk on your grocer's shelves is a far cry from the milk that generations ago came from the family cow.

@QueenDanceALot  How was it different in your checking?  I am sure, as you are an authority on it, you will be able to provide us all with that information.

@Nonametoday

I'm sure that you didn't mean this in the very snarky manner in which it reads, so I will answer.

The family cow wasn't part of an industrial money making operation where the cows are routinely fed antibiotics and hormones.

You are dead wrong about that. Every tank of milk is strictly tested for the presence of any antibiotics, and if there's the slightest amt. then that tank is DUMPED!  It is not allowed anywhere near store shelves. You shouldn't be spreading such blatant untruths. I know this because my family has been in the dairy industry for years, and unfortunately must endure such lies put out there daily.

@KKJ wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nonametoday

I was talking about large factory farms, industrial operations.

Is this not true?

https://www.greenamerica.org/industrial-agriculture/dean-foods-what-starbucks/antibiotics-dairy-indu...

No it is not. I'm not saying cows are never given antibiotics. They get sick just like we do, but there are very strict regulations about it. Any cow on antibiotics has to be milked separately from rest of the herd & her milk dumped. And this must be done for a number of days until the medication is out of her system. These articles are so far from the truth. As I said, all milk is tested before it goes off the farm & if any antibiotics or other harmful substances are detected, it is dumped & not allowed for public consumption. You wouldn't even believe all the govt. regulations farmers must abide by.

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nonametoday

@KKJ wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nonametoday

@KKJ wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nonametoday

Is this not true?

@QueenDanceALot

@KKJ

My bottom line here and to all such hot topis is to ALWAYS  consider the source.

In this case, if your source is NOT a  hard scientific source, and greenamerica is NOT a hard scientific source, then you've missed the mark. 

There is another topic going on with the OP's source being an extremely biased source.  Nearly everyone reading that thread is buying into that mindset.  It is the continuation of the end.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nonametoday

@KKJ wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nonametoday

@KKJ wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Nonametoday

Is this not true?

No it is not. I'm not saying cows are never given antibiotics. They get sick just like we do, but there are very strict regulations about it. Any cow on antibiotics has to be milked separately from rest of the herd & her milk dumped. And this must be done for a number of days until the medication is out of her system. These articles are so far from the truth. As I said, all milk is tested before it goes off the farm & if any antibiotics or other harmful substances are detected, it is dumped & not allowed for public consumption. You wouldn't even believe all the govt. regulations farmers must abide by.

@KKJ

Sorry if I do not believe that factory farming goes by all the rules.

I live in a state where a very large beef producer is under indictment for payoffs made to veterinarians to falsify records so that cattle could cross state lines.  It's been investigated for several years.  I have no confidence that large corporate industrial dairy operations play by the rules.

I am not talking about the family farms.  We have a lot of those here and they supply our local food coop with their products which I believe have been strictly monitored for compliance.

Respected Contributor

Unfortunately, only the large factory farms will remain as the small family-owned farms can't make it due to Trump's tariffs. So many going out of business, in my area anyway.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

Unfortunately, only the large factory farms will remain as the small family-owned farms can't make it due to Trump's tariffs. So many going out of business, in my area anyway.

@KKJ

Even milk from a family farm is unhealthy for humans. It is the nature of milk - all dairy. 

Wow...I’m not sure how many different subjects are being discussed in this thread..  Many different ones.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@KKJ

I am very sorry that this looks to be the future.

I pray that it's not, that we can turn it around by not supporting factory farming and SUPPORTING our local farmers.  I will be thinking of that as I go to vote on election day.

I purchase as much food as possible from my local farmers.  It's important to me and, I believe, to all of us.

I have much respect for the small family farmers.  

Honored Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

The Plant-Based World is here.

Changes won’t be overnight but we will be seeing

regional/global changes at a gradient over the next decade(s).

This is a perfect example. 

People are starting to realize animal products are not healthy and

the ethical treatment of animals is finally reaching our souls. 

Just a matter of time before the medical field begins 

to embrace plants to heal.  That might take longer since

there’s more $$$$, but it will happen..maybe not in our

lifetime, but the trend is happening. I have hope. 

🌼💛🌱

@sidsmom

I will never embrace an plant-based food plan.  No way.

@sfnative

Never say never.

15-30+ years from now? We might not have a choice.

Everything’s pointed in that direction.

I’m glad I’m already ahead of the curve. 

Makes me giggle...people saying ‘no way.’

They already do...but just add more animal product/byproducts 

on the already fruit/veg.  Relax...it’s just a carrot, guys. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@KKJ

Even milk from a family farm is unhealthy for humans. It is the nature of milk - all dairy. 

Wow...I’m not sure how many different subjects are being discussed in this thread..  Many different ones.

Isn't that what happens in conversations though?  They go off in different, related and unrelated, directions?

Honored Contributor

This explains the addictive property of dairy products

and other animal products.  Short 15-min video. Major A-HA!

Google or cut/paste:

PCRM session 8 addictive foods