Regular Contributor

Just relaxing after putting up some fall decorations. I put the Music Choice channel on TV (Xfinity) to listen to Classic Rock songs. I have never heard of the Amboy Dukes, who popped up ... I guess Ted Nugent was part of the band? No clue! My hubby is six years older than I ... he knows all these old bands. Says he has never heard of Amboy Dukes. 🤷‍♀️ 🎶 Anyone know them? 😊😜

Honored Contributor

I heard of them but not really familiar with them.  They were a "one hit wonder" band from what I remember but this song was popular enough to sound familiar....Journey to the center of your mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrUH9pGk90w

Honored Contributor

Nope.  Can't say I have.  Only thing I can think of from Nugent, the lyrics 'Stakes are high and so am I.  It's in the air tonight.  It's a free for all'.   And then a LOT of guitar.

Regular Contributor

Hi @haddon9  Had to laugh ... that was the song they just played on TV!! 😂👍

Honored Contributor

@JFD12 I looked them up since they sounded familair to me and that was the song that I remember hearing.

Honored Contributor

@JFD12 Okay I just have to mention that now I have that song repeating over and over again in my head since I checked the video!!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The Amboy Dukes were psychedelic rock, acid rock, hard rock and their lead guitarist was none other than 'The Motor City Madman' himself, Ted Nugent who was an outspoken rebel kinda of guy, The late '60s was all about the 'anti-generation' movement. Amboy Dukes fit right up there with all of that.

Regular Contributor

Love hearing the replies... especially about bands I do not know! BUT... LAYLA is on now!!! Layla... Derek and the Dominos... love! Got me on my knees! ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@JFD12 Okay I just have to mention that now I have that song repeating over and over again in my head since I checked the video!!  Smiley Happy

@haddon9  they got you good hahahaha. I have never heard of them so I will not listen lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@JFD12 wrote:

Just relaxing after putting up some fall decorations. I put the Music Choice channel on TV (Xfinity) to listen to Classic Rock songs. I have never heard of the Amboy Dukes, who popped up ... I guess Ted Nugent was part of the band? No clue! My hubby is six years older than I ... he knows all these old bands. Says he has never heard of Amboy Dukes. 🤷‍♀️ 🎶 Anyone know them? 😊😜

@JFD12  did you enjoy the song? I've never heard of them. Just Googled the Band and of course the song that @haddon9  mention is there. It's the only song. I will not listen to it because of course it will stay with me like it did with @haddon9 lol