Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amber Roof (sister of Charleston Shooter) wants help to pay for a new wedding.....

I wonder what their parents are like. 

Shaking my head...

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Amber Roof (sister of Charleston Shooter) wants help to pay for a new wedding.....

This is not the thing to do, it does make one wonder,what is going on with that family.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

She can ask for whatever she wants.  It's up to others if they want to donate.  Not sure why everyone is down on her.  It's her brother's actions, not hers, that caused the tragedy.  The remark about her having a bonkers brother and the fiance is also uncalled for.  We don't get to pick our siblings.  Branding her with shame over something that she had nothing to do with is wrong.

Hi Marien, Smiley Happy

ITA with your post.  If someone doesn't agree, don't donate. There are lots of Go Fund me ventures I would never support. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Valued Contributor

She didn't ask for public help, she only put it out to her friends and family.  She also wasn't looking for another wedding, she was trying to cover costs of the wedding she lost and maybe a little extra.  

I can see both sides of this, but can you imagine being three days away from starting your new life and having that happen.  Although, I really don't understand the concept of asking others to fund something just because "I really want it".  

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Honored Contributor

@RedHead handbag queen wrote:

She didn't ask for public help, she only put it out to her friends and family.  She also wasn't looking for another wedding, she was trying to cover costs of the wedding she lost and maybe a little extra.  

I can see both sides of this, but can you imagine being three days away from starting your new life and having that happen.  Although, I really don't understand the concept of asking others to fund something just because "I really want it".  

In my mind, there is no other side.  Your sibling massacred people and you by extension will be under the hot glare of the public eye for quite some time.  If getting married is still her number one priority, a justice of the peace can get it done.

Respected Contributor

Her wedding was set for the same week her brother did this. he did this on a Wednesday and the wedding was to take place that weekend. Just a two days after he did that horrible killing.

Valued Contributor

I agree but she isn't looking for another wedding!  Her timing is the worst, but she didn't commit the crime, she is by far a victim though. All I'm saying maybe we should all be a little more compassionate.

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Super Contributor

I've never been to the Go Fund Me website, so just now went to see what types of donations people are asking for.  There's a section you can search for contributions for people "near me."  I clicked on that, and it showed all the people in my city asking for donations.  I hadn't signed in or anything.  Is this connected to Facebook or something?  How did it know where I was?

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Trusted Contributor

@SidneyH - I'm in agreement 100%. The fact that this person is even THINKING about a lousy $5000 right now is indescribably disturbing to me. Wow.
Esteemed Contributor

Insensitive,crass, selfish only a few of the words that come to mind. People burying loved ones and she's worried about her wedding.  Who would marry into that family anyway?

Trees are the lungs of the Earth