Honored Contributor

Amazon2 Unveils Its Helix Building in Arlington, VA

Amazon plans to build a 22-story helical building in Arlington, Va., as the centerpiece of its second headquarters. The building, designed by architectural firm NBBJ, overlooks a site that includes venues for public performances, green space and shopping. (NBBJ/Amazon).

Amazon plans to build a 350-foot-tall building, modeled on a helix, in Arlington, Va., as the centerpiece of its second headquarters. The building, designed by architectural firm NBBJ, overlooks a site that includes venues for public performances, green space and shopping. (Fredrick Kunkle/NBBJ/Amazon)

Do you like it?  It is to be located in the former Crystal City area of Northern Virginia, where Amazon's new headquarters is under development. 

Decades ago I worked in Crystal City

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon2 Unveils Its Helix Building in Arlington, VA

@golding76 Reminds me of a combo of The Tower of Babel and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon!!!

Honored Contributor

Bingo and bravo!  You are brilliant, lovemygrands.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have to say, it's a cool design! Will be interesting to see how they build it regarding supporting all the trees and water/soil they will need. Also, where do people park their cars?

My dad worked in Crystal City for many, many years. My DH did as well. I feel bad for those that live in that area as traffic is already horrible. When that building is completed and everyone transfers in....traffic will be HELL. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

I love the new design!  Hope to see it soon after its finished!

Honored Contributor

Pat, you are so forward-thinking.

Bravo to you, too, for your guts. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

FiddleDeeDee,

I heard on the news that all parking and truck deliveries will be underground.  The campus aims to be pedestrian-friendly.

ETA:  There is a second campus not too far from this one.  The company expects to hire 25,000 people.

Of course built into the design will be efficient public transportation.  The hope is that there will not be that many cars.  Let's wait and see.

Honored Contributor

Crystal City | Arlington VA - YouTube

Farewell, Crystal City.

Honored Contributor

Amazon should be putting money aside for anti-trust lawsuits, also the upcoming battle as his employees get together to try to improve working and wage conditions by forming unions...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

it is a cool design!

would have looked better in the baltimore area. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein