Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@onlyshopsonline wrote:

I know!  As soon as the return gets scanned by UPS, they start processing the refund.  Love Amazon. 

The only thing about them that really irriitates me is the pricing game they play.  I can order something one day and get a good price. Two days later, after it's delivered, I decide I want to order a second "one."  I see the price has gone up. 

If I really want it, I pay the difference, but I'm really bugged.  If I decide to watch and wait, sometimes the price comes down and sometimes the price goes higher.  Life is too busy for games.  

That's the seller, not Amazon (even though it may be "Fulfilled by Amazon"). It's supply and demand. When an item isn't selling the price goes down. If 1-2 people buy it and their stock goes down, they'll raise the price. Most of the smaller items I buy or have on "Save for Later" go up/down less than $5; that doesn't bother me.

They don't advertise or encourage it but sometimes if you call them they'll give you the price break. I would never bother for a few dollars, but once I bought something (forget what) and within 3-4 days the price dropped $40. I called; they took $40 off for me. 

Not always the case @Moonchilde. The items sold by Amazon (NOT fullfilled) also go up and down in price, just not as often but it does happen. I have a bunch of things on Save for later, much of it is dog treats and supplements, and they fluctuate quite a bit (always from Amazon). For example, I just bought some dog treats that Amazon usually has for $25 for $11.99. When they go that low, I always stock up. I also just bought a watertight 74 quart storage box that usually costs $20.99 for $16. They only let me buy one but I was happy with the discount.

I pretty much always stick with items sold directly from Amazon or from a seller or a company through Amazon that I trust. Generally I do not trust random sellers because I don't want to be worried if they are fakes, especially where my dogs' health is concerned. 

Regular Contributor

They sure do havve the best customer service.

Honored Contributor

Ladies, I stand corrected. I'd forgotten about the algorithm thing, which is clearly how they do it (based on supply and demand). But I'm thinking, the supplying company has to agree to this when they sign up to sell on Amazon. I wonder if there's a range both the seller and Amazon agree on, or if the company has to agree to let it go for whatever Amazon decides. I would think the former, but ?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Amazon is the best. I ordered an item recently. Only about $15.  A prime item. 

For three straight days it said "out for delivery" only to be followed an hour or two later by "carrier delay". 

On the third day I called Amazon because I thought that was weird. 

They extended my prime membership by a month AND posted a promotional gift card to my account for my inconvenience. I told them that I wasn't looking for special treatment. That I was just concerned about the delivery issue with the order. 

I wasn't the least bit upset with them but told them I thought it was weird that it kept showing out for delivery, followed by carrier delay. 

I spent the gift card plus some about 5 minutes later on a pair of shoes. Now, THAT'S how you treat customers. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Karie2022 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Karie2022 wrote:

I love amazon as well, but I don't always get a full refund..sometimes they'll deduct for shippingSmiley Sad

@Karie2022 yes they do.  Depends on why you give a reason for the return when you go online and begin the return process.  There is a drop down menu for you to input why you are returning the item.

Hmm...good to know, thanks for the tip!

@Karie2022  Also if your return reduces your total purchase to below the free shipping standard then you might be charged for the item being returned.

Don't forget about "add on items", too.  They do not count toward the free shipping minimum.

@Cakers3, if the item purchased met the free shipping standard, how can returning it result in a return ship charge?  The return shipping deduction is based on the "why."

For electronics I've seen "restocking fees" mentioned but that's about it.  

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

I too can't say enough good about Amazon. They will give you an adjustment if it goes down and you catch it.

My grandson wanted something while we were at Toys R Us and it was $39.99 there. I checked Amazon...$16.15..and it was the exact item and they price matched..PLUS 10% off for Card Holders on Thursday.. I always price match!

Even Toys couldn't believe the significant price difference. They triple checked to make sure it was the same item and it was!

If your Prime Member as soon as they item is scanned by the UPS or USPS your account is credited!

It is going to be interestng to see how they go up from here with the aquisition of Whole Foods.

Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon!🙋

[ Edited ]

Return shipping depends on the Seller. Third party sellers can be a bit tougher and I only use them as a last resort. One time I ordered shoes and get the same size I always do in this brand..too big..well i returned them and ate the S&H..my fault (as oddly enough certain colors/sizes were prime only lol shipping was $4.99 so I didn't worry too much..) well the smaller pair had a gouge in the leather ..and they wanted me to pay $13 out of pocket to return them..If I had went thru Peltz Shoes Website I could of returned them at cheaper amount. How was I to know that? I went thru Amazon so used their site. I complained. Amazon picked up the shipping..and then later I received an email to keep the product.

Then I ordered by grandson a Thomas the Train..and the lettering was faulty and half off the side. I chose 'return and replace' item and the next screen popped up and said to no need to return the faulty one..  I can't say enough good things about Amazon.

Even Overstock has the most fantastic CS too and they will price match. I bought several Michael Kors watches on their site with a significant coupon and rewards. I found them on Amazon on special for $99 ..they refunded me three hundred dollars without a question... 

Respected Contributor

@CouponQueen wrote:

Return shipping depends on the Seller. Third party sellers can be a bit tougher and I only use them as a last resort. One time I ordered shoes and get the same size I always do in this brand..too big..well i returned them and ate the S&H..my fault (as oddly enough certain colors/sizes were prime only lol shipping was $4.99 so I didn't worry too much..) well the smaller pair had a gouge in the leather ..and they wanted me to pay $13 out of pocket to return them..If I had went thru Peltz Shoes Website I could of returned them at cheaper amount. How was I to know that? I went thru Amazon so used their site. I complained. Amazon picked up the shipping..and then later I received an email to keep the product.

Then I ordered by grandson a Thomas the Train..and the lettering was faulty and half off the side. I chose 'return and replace' item and the next screen popped up and said to no need to return the faulty one..  I can't say enough good things about Amazon.

Even Overstock has the most fantastic CS too and they will price match. I bought several Michael Kors watches on their site with a significant coupon and rewards. I found them on Amazon on special for $99 ..they refunded me three hundred dollars without a question... 

You're getting defective products, possibly seconds. Of course they're going to make those problems go away. If they want to avoid bad press and chargebacks, they'd better. Doesn't make it good.

Good is getting it right the first time. Amazon does most of the time, but I've been wholly underwhelmed by their "customer service" when they fouled up on packing (appalling) and their errors caused breakage, or they failed to get an item in the mail when they promised and were rude about resolving the matter.  

I don't understand all this drooling over a corporate behemoth that wants to run every other business out of business--except the shipping companies, and it wants to take over shipping itself. People demonize Walmart for the kind of behavior Amazon is knighted for. I use both, but I have no illusions about either.

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@CouponQueen wrote:

You're getting defective products, possibly seconds. Of course they're going to make those problems go away. If they want to avoid bad press and chargebacks, they'd better. Doesn't make it good.

Good is getting it right the first time. Amazon does most of the time, but I've been wholly underwhelmed by their "customer service" when they fouled up on packing (appalling) and their errors caused breakage, or they failed to get an item in the mail when they promised and were rude about resolving the matter.  

I don't understand all this drooling over a corporate behemoth that wants to run every other business out of business--except the shipping companies, and it wants to take over shipping itself. People demonize Walmart for the kind of behavior Amazon is knighted for. I use both, but I have no illusions about either.

They are not without their flaws, but they are, by far the best at customer service and their willingness to correct things.  I too, (big fan) have had hiccups.  The humber of times I have had a hiccup vs. the number of times they got it right pales in comparison @noodleann.  That's just my story though.

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor

I totally agree, I have Amazon Prime and can watch lots of movies for free, listen to music...and get instant credit for the returns as you did 🌻