Honored Contributor

Amazon - talk about bad shipping...

On Nov 29th  I ordered 2 books for DH for Christmas. On the 30th I got an e mail they had shipped but were coming from England and would not be here til the 15th. Fine.There was no tracking available on them though. Today I get an e mail that they only just shipped today and wont be here for a month. There is still no tracking available. I tried to cancel the order but they couldn't because they have shipped. So , at this point I hope DH doesn't mind waiting for his Christmas gift. At least I did get him something else as well, so he will have one package to open. I am so dissappointed in Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon - talk about bad shipping...

I would never have ordered something coming from overseas that close to Christmas.  Was it not shown in the item information somewhere that this was not being shipped directly from Amazon?  I got "burned" once by not really paying attention to where an item might be coming from with Amazon.  Good luck.  I'm sure he'll be delighted when he gets them.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure that Amazon doesn't ship from overseas warehouses, so it sounds like a third party problem, not Amazon.

If they are shipping by ground, it might just take that long.  At least you're on the East coast so that helps.

Honored Contributor

Well, first of all , they were ordered plenty early enough to get here, even from overseas , in time. I got an e mail the next day saying they had shipped so I felt confident they would arrive. I thought thery were on a boat & on their way.

Honored Contributor

I'd allow 6 weeks just to get to the US ,and then more time  for it to be delivered here.

I ordered books from a third party ,on Amazon ,that took 3 weeks to get to me. It's not the fault of Amazon

Respected Contributor

You never know for sure about the information that is provided on out of the country shipments.  I've had items delivered earlier than projected and vice versa.  So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the books you ordered get here prior to Christmas.  I know it is a disappointment for you.

Frequent Contributor

Sorry to hear of your issues with an Amazon Seller @151949.  I don't think Amazon would approve of the manner in which they handled your shipping info and not shipping at that time. I'd let the seller know of your disappointment in them providing inaccurate information and you are not pleased!.

I was just telling my DH how impressed I am and have been over the years with Amazon Prime (we usually order from Amazon when they are the seller or are shipping for another seller). There are some things that Amazon just doesn't sell so you do have to be so careful and check a seller's recent feedback just as you do on ebay or Bonanza or other such websites. 

Good thing you have another gift for your DH; sorry for your disappointment with that seller on Amazon Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

They still might arrive in the expected period.

Only the OP knows how they were shipped, but if they are going by Air post they should get here well inside that time given.  IF they were shipped by ground, it takes considerably longer.   Hopefully, they are coming by Air.  If it's a small, light parcel that would be inexpensive and it's a lot faster.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Could you print out a copy of the books and make a cute little card that says "I love you and your gift is on the way" just in case it doesn't make it?

Maybe put it in a box with a coffee gift card, wrap it, and put it under the tree.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

when theres no shipping info even when its qvc its when someone other than where you ordered is shipping it. good luck . hope it makes it to you before christmas.