Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon's New Announcement...

I heard this a few months ago...probably because we have Prime. I haven't tried it though. Usually when things are returned to Amazon, they are put on discount through Amazon Warehouse.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

Many retailers are going to be finding it harder and harder to maintain their customers with Amazon's newest announcement.  Their clothing policy will be..."try before you buy wardrobe."  You simply order what you want to try on...keep what you want/and or return what you don't want in their self-sealing box.  You won't be charged for anything until you decide what you want to keep.    

I see this as a problem with a lot of used stuff being sent back to Amazon, then shipped out to the next victim, er... I mean customer.

Geez how many times do consumers shopping in brick and mortar stores try on/buy clothing that has been returned??You are naive to think that everything you buy in a store is brand spanking new and never worn!!!

@ID2  I don't think the issue is trying on clothes in stores that have been tried on before you.  I think the issue is somebody actually wearing the item out and about then returning it.

Deoderant marks, sweat stain, perfume, etc.   You can see that in a regular store and decide if you still want to try it on; you roll the dice more when ordering online.

I also don't think everyone believes that clothes in the stores  have never been returned.

Buying, trying on at home, and retuning is one thing.

Buying, wearing, and returning a used article of clothing is another thing.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

On Amazon's site it says, "Prime Wardrobe is currently available by invitation to Prime members." I suppose that means customers with high return rates won't be invited.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Amazon Prime, I received an e-mail about this new service this morning but I didn't even read it all the way through, I deleted it. I've purchased/exchanged shoes on Amazon, but ONLY if free returns were being offered. I've never purchased clothing on Amazon, I don't plan on starting. 

Honored Contributor

If any company can pull it off with success, it's Amazon.  Sure there will be abuse of the policy just like anything else out there.  However, their profits will far outweigh the losses and Amazon in turn will be able to write off the losses.

Honored Contributor

Wow, that should help with returns and complaints.  When you choose what you want and return, good thought!!!

Honored Contributor

Luckily, I'm pretty well set on clothes.  Thanks Q.  Same with jewelry and shoes.  So, only books and music and movies some, I might buy from them.  

Regular Contributor

I certainly think it’s worth a try. I’m tired of paying $9.95 if I need to return something to the Q. It’s really curbed my shopping.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not an Amazon fan......

Wasn't this the same company that recently had implemented a stricter return policy..LOL..

Now Amazon is doing an about face and doing this "try before you by"...Enforcement looks to be a nightmare....there has to be some sort of time limit or they will start billing you....And how many customers will do to them that they do in brick and mortar stores....A person is going to wedding,.formal party, New Year's Eve Party, Retirement Party, Graduation, and "try a new dress" for the event and after the event is over they make the decision they dont want it....(what a coincidence) so they return it to Amazon and get a free "rental"...YAY!!! 

Even QVC takes a beating with returns and even with the customers spend $6.95 to send something back.......Returns are always mentioned in their financial reports...and when returns go down, it helps with their bottom line....With the number of Prime customers Amazon has...I CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS BACKFIRES ON THEM--LOL!!!

Shoppers make sure you comparison shop more than ever before including Amazon, because somewhere, somehow, they are going to have to make up what they lose on this strategy...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

Many retailers are going to be finding it harder and harder to maintain their customers with Amazon's newest announcement.  Their clothing policy will be..."try before you buy wardrobe."  You simply order what you want to try on...keep what you want/and or return what you don't want in their self-sealing box.  You won't be charged for anything until you decide what you want to keep.    

I see this as a problem with a lot of used stuff being sent back to Amazon, then shipped out to the next victim, er... I mean customer.

Geez how many times do consumers shopping in brick and mortar stores try on/buy clothing that has been returned??You are naive to think that everything you buy in a store is brand spanking new and never worn!!!

@ID2

Honey when you go to a brick and mortar store you can see makeup on clothing and smell the perfume, and notice small tears and wear etc....you cant do that ordering online............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”