Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon refunded me after a bad delivery

Maybe next time you order, order less quantity, that way the delivery person can leave it on your porch or have your husband buy it at the store.
A Win Win situation
Sorry you're being so judged, I don't believe you meant any harm.
Have a great day!
Honored Contributor

I understand that some have medical issues but if delivery people were obligated to do more than deliver packages to an address and had to spend more time catering to each individual person's needs than shipping would be even more expensive for everyone.  Maybe larger companies like Amazon and Chewy could charge more to have packages custom delivered to those with special needs. 

Respected Contributor

There was nothing "bad" about the delivery.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I understand that some have medical issues but if delivery people were obligated to do more than deliver packages to an address and had to spend more time catering to each individual person's needs than shipping would be even more expensive for everyone.  Maybe larger companies like Amazon and Chewy could charge more to have packages custom delivered to those with special needs. 

@Pook 

How would that be accomplished? Would they put all packages over a certain weight in special trucks driven by drivers who have been tested to see how much weight they are capable of toting up steps? What if only one person in a particular town needed an approved heavy toter person to make a delivery on any particular date? 

Maybe you have good ideas on how to accomplish this goal. 

I have 5 gallon bottles of water delivered for my cooler and have often said to the driver/delivery guys "why don't you just roll them up the driveway?". They usually just laugh. If I'm not home to open the garage door (that's where I keep them) for them to take them in they leave them outside and I just tilt them over and roll them in myself. I do have sons who can lift them onto the cooler.

Trusted Contributor

Kudos for Amazon but they really did not have to refund you.  My late husband was a fed ex driver and people really do not have no idea how back breaking the job is....super stressful to as it entails driving in worse places and a ton of lifting.  Do you know they have to help load their truck at the depot?  So they are actually lifting it twice before it gets to you.  Personally I stopped buying ALL wasted bottled water and got a fridge size Britta, it is one of my best purchases.  I wish they would just eliminate all bottled water.  JMO

Valued Contributor

If I ordered something heavy,I wouldn't expect it to be outside the door. I recently bought a huge assembled cabinet from Amazon.

They delivered it in front of the garage . My husband had to push it away from the garage door with the car,leaving a small dent on the cabinet. Then we used a dolly to take inside the house.

I never thought of complaining to Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amazon is attentive to its customers. (This has been my experience).  They send you a questionnaire after each food delivery inquiring about the delivery service.

I have deliveries frequently and the quality varies from delivery person- one delivered my order to my neighbor's house.  I called amazon because I got a message the order had been delivered.  Customer service was helpful and did a reorder.  I cancelled it when my neighbor alerted me she had my order. Thankfully, she honest.

I later saw where Amazon gave me a refund.  I didn't ask for one.

I order the 24 packs of water and they have always been placed on the porch.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

Not a feel good story. You had to wrestle with the delivery and couldn't handle it, yet you had no empathy for someone who experienced the same difficulty as you had.

@AuntG    I'm 99% sure the delivery person had a dolly on his truck but was probably too lazy to get it out and use it.  Every delivery truck in America has a dolly; heck, I even have and use one.  He could have zipped up those steps with a dolly.  What if she'd been in an upstairs apartment?  I've had heavy rugs, a refrigerator, and furniture that got to my front door just fine.  Getting it there is part of the job. 

In the case of a woman driver, she should not apply for the job if she can't do the lifting involved.  Drivers are clearly told what they'll have to lift when hired.  There are no concessions for sex.  

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't take the time to complain about that. Seems a bit petty, since the item wasn't damaged or not delivered to the right address. 
This isn't white glove delivery. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird 

i had a similar issue last week with water delivery....f..on a day when it was raining.

amazon delivered 3 different cases of water. two were delivered to my front door under a overed area....perfect delivery.

the third was left in the middle of my driveway.....in the rain. i had even left my garage door open and the driver could have pulled up into the driveway and dropped it off right in the garage.....or even the front door like the others. the box was soaking wet. i ripped the box open on the driveway and took out 24 bottles of water and placed them in my garage. yes, i did say "poor delivery" as a follow up with the reason.

i did not get any refund, but i did want to know that i did not find that particular delivery acceptable. they apologize and say it wont happen again. we shall see.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein