Frequent Contributor

Re: Amazon...here’s my story from today

I had that happen with Wayfair.   Found a really nice item to place on my porch order one.  When I received the box could not figure out why the box was so big.  Here they sent me three.   I contacted them they were to send UPS to pick up, never did.  So I contacted them again, they said to keep the items.   Again I think the warehouse did not separate the items when they came in.

Respected Contributor

Years ago I sent my nephew and his wife a box of Mrs. Prindable apples.  Instead of sending 1 box, 11 boxes were sent.  Luckily my nephew was doing his residency.  The hospital put them on patient trays for Christmas.

Honored Contributor

I just got off the phone with Amazon.  They told me to keep all the extra cards.  No charge to me.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@Love my grandkids No Absolutely not kidding.  Haven't you ever seen NEWS channels coverage around Christmas time about the efficiency of Amazon?

Robots are programmed with items ordered and the machine goes up and down isles and with mechanical claw........picks - that's what it's called - picks the merchandise up and drops in cart.

Yes, of course, they have live people too - computer programmers and folks doing normal routine work.  Robots cut the number of people needed.

Most Amazon warehouses use people to pick products. Robot pickers are extremely cool technology but are not common. It's cheaper to pay humans and try to get them to behave like robots.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain and I'll just add - robots don't need 2 weeks of vacation & other benefits.

(now somebody will jump in and start chapter 2 how "A" doesn't treat human well.)

yawn

and the beat goes on......and on

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@Porcelain and I'll just add - robots don't need 2 weeks of vacation & other benefits.

(now somebody will jump in and start chapter 2 how "A" doesn't treat human well.)

yawn

Hey I'm one of those decadent people who wants robots to take over all the jobs possible. I think we should live in a Star Trek replicator utopia where we can all pursue our passions and talents and crafts (and yes, for a few, unproductive laziness) and let machines do as much as possible.

Let the whole Amazon warehouse be on auto pilot, with human safety overrides obviously,  and let my house clean and maintain itself. ASAP please. Turn every dang thing into a Roomba.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh   Glad you REALLY liked them.  At least you didn’t have to return.  I’m a card/paper note card lover.  I send a lot of cards to family and friends.  Now if we could just get stamp mistake like that.  I have way too much, but also trying to get the paper stash down like the beauty stash.  Thanks for sharing your story.

Hope you are doing ok.  I’ll have to look soon at any new stamp releases coming out soon.  Loved the winter woodland theme you shared last fall.

Esteemed Contributor

Why don't you donate the excess to a senior living facility ( I'm sure the residents would appreciate them).

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

yawn

@fthunt 

Outsourcing started in the 1990s and it was pathetic.  I could tell you some stories.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh 

Here's my today Amazon story. I will use you phrase "I am wordy". However not so much in this one.

Got a defective product/called Amazon/told rep to put refund on my account. She said ok and asked if I wanted her to send me an email for a return label. I said "yes", end of transaction.  

Decided to buy different brand of same item. When it comes I will use that packaging to send back the defective one. Slap a label on it! All done without a hitch.

Is this as "wordy" as your story? I don't think so, but I have never been a good judge of how much I say here!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)