Esteemed Contributor

Amazon has posted some of Black Friday Fire tablets

The prices are approximately 50% off across the Fire tablet line. Latest Fire10 Is$74.99.

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon has posted some of Black Friday Fire tablets

I got the 10" tablet that was the recent Q TSV.  I've been very pleased with the quality and operation of the device, however, that hybrid operating system is driving me nuts. I've tried to search for the websites I commonly use and they literally won't come up.  I tried Wal-Mart and got everywhere in the world you could shop except Wal-Mart.  I was unable to bring up Wal-Mart any way I tried.  I don't intend to shop just at the places Amazon chooses.  Their presence is too heavy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I have had 3 fire tablets over the years. Always able to shop at any website including Walmart.  

The is no app for it but from the silk browser I just log in and shop.

Works for qvc, hsn, instacart etc. I have found zero restrictions to shopping elsewhere. 

Not sure why you are finding this to be a problem 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624

I sideloaded the Google Play store on my Fire HD 10 tablet and use the Chrome browser and never use Silk. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg   That was my thought too.  I intend to try it.  How petty of Amazon not to include the Wal-Mart app.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

The prices are approximately 50% off across the Fire tablet line. Latest Fire10 Is$74.99.

That isn't a sale price, I only know this because I put that particular item on my wish list 2 weeks ago.