Respected Contributor

Amazon has new social media called Spark

It is for Prime Members which I am but can't find a link to access it. Anyone heard of this? Thank you 

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon has new social media called Spark

[ Edited ]

Where can I find Spark?

Spark is available in the U.S. on the Amazon App for iPhone. Simply tap the main menu, tap "Programs and Features", and then tap "Amazon Spark". Don’t have the Amazon App yet? Download it here (link removed by me as it links to amazon/itunes). Stay tuned for Android!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

Where can I find Spark?

Spark is available in the U.S. on the Amazon App for iPhone. Simply tap the main menu, tap "Programs and Features", and then tap "Amazon Spark". Don’t have the Amazon App yet? Download it here (link removed by me as it links to amazon/itunes). Stay tuned for Android!

Thank you @sunshine45

Honored Contributor

I'll have to see if this is also an app for iPad.  I can read on my iPhone, but don't care to post with it. 

Honored Contributor

Hmmm...so if I can get it on my iPad, I'll have a whole new group of people to annoy.  Sweet🤣

Sounds interesting.

Honored Contributor

It appears to be only for iPhone. The app for iPad doesn't have the same functions as for iPhone, and Spark appears to be accessible only in the iPhone app.

It may be social media of a sort, but it isn't a discussion forum. It's like a Pinterest or Instagram dealing with products only. Like everything else about Amazon, it's geared towards getting people to buy products and that's all. I suspect that how people will be able to interact and communicate with each other will be limited.

Mine isn't "populating" but that may be because I haven't yet purchased $50 worth of products through Prime - one of the criteria for being able to participate. I just closed an account that I'd been Prime-ordering from for 2 years. They gave me a partial refund and I started Prime on another account, but right now my purchases are like $44.

Anyone can go to the Spark area and read what's there but only Prime members can post there. But it's very awkward, and at this point difficult to find. I suspect that's deliberate. They don't want the people who populate their forums to go to Spark.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

There's a spark app for iPads, if I read correctly, but it's designed to manage emails and nothing to do with Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@tansy, there may well be going to be such an app, but it's not there tonight. There is nothing in the app store if you search for Amazon Spark, Spark, or even just Amazon, that deals with Spark at this point. There is no Spark option that I was able to find in the iPad app. I did get to a "How to Start" page in the iPhone app, but it just kind of hangs for me and was non-functional. I'll try again tomorrow where I have better wi-fi. The spot where you're supposed to choose Interests remains blank for me, with nothing in the box to choose or any way to enter anything. Weird

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@tansy, there may well be going to be such an app, but it's not there tonight. There is nothing in the app store if you search for Amazon Spark, Spark, or even just Amazon, that deals with Spark at this point. There is no Spark option that I was able to find in the iPad app. I did get to a "How to Start" page in the iPhone app, but it just kind of hangs for me and was non-functional. I'll try again tomorrow where I have better wi-fi. The spot where you're supposed to choose Interests remains blank for me, with nothing in the box to choose or any way to enter anything. Weird

It looks like it's supposed to be within the Amazon app itself. If you tap on the menu Programs and Features should be there and it's under that. You may need to update your app.

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

It looks like it's supposed to be within the Amazon app itself. If you tap on the menu Programs and Features should be there and it's under that. You may need to update your app.

I have the app, downloaded last night. Tansy was speaking of an apparently different app.  I can theoretically access Spark, but the page stayed blank/nonfunctional for me last night. Since I just downloaded it last night I don't think updating would help. I'll try it later today when I have better wifi.

This is more for curiosity's sake, as it won't be my Thing - it won't be like this discussion forum or Amazon's other discussion forums, i.e. the only "discussions" possible are strictly about objects for sale on Amazon, not politics or the price of gas ;-)