Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon has it's own delivery service

I recently started getting Sunday deliveries from guys using their own cars.

The first time a guy pulled up and delivered a package, I was startled. He said they are independent contractors - like newspaper carriers.

Translation - no benefits, no job security...the wave of the "Uber" future.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

In my area Amazon packages are delivered by United State Postal Service on SUNDAYS!  I was shocked.  I asked the post man - why?  He said Amazon made a deal w/USPS to deliver their packages on Sunday.  Obviously he wasn't happy working on Sunday and I told him the box contained slippers and I certainly could have waited until Monday.  Amazon is out to impress us - w/Christmas season coming up.

@fthunt wrote:

In my area Amazon packages are delivered by United State Postal Service on SUNDAYS!  I was shocked.  I asked the post man - why?  He said Amazon made a deal w/USPS to deliver their packages on Sunday.  Obviously he wasn't happy working on Sunday and I told him the box contained slippers and I certainly could have waited until Monday.  Amazon is out to impress us - w/Christmas season coming up.

considering the huge losses at the PO, i suspect the postman is lucky to have the work, whatever day of the week.

Esteemed Contributor

Not in my area.  UPS delivers ours with a smile.