Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon has Toilet Paper!

I was at my local Costco this afternoon & they had plenty of Kirkland TP & paper towels.   They also had some weird cheesy brand of TP called Essentials something that was 12 (twelve!) rolls for $2.99!  I didn't buy any, but for that price, I can only imagine the quality, probably like using newspaper!

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:
We never got close to running out of T P in our house. But there were a few months when we could not find it anywhere. But the last 4 times I looked for it, I found it, at Walmart and Publix. But NOW I am a bit obsessed about our supply and buy a pack anytime I see it. I can’t fit it all under our bathroom sinks!

You could store it under ur bed.

You could also add shelves in ur closet and garage.

Just be careful where you store it. I talked to a woman recently who always bought her favorite brand when it was on sale and had a huge stockpile in her basement before the shortage, then had a pipe break soaking and ruining her stockpile during the shortage and she had to resort to using paper napkins as that's all she could find. She'd had a multi-year supply that all went away in a few minutes time due to misfortune.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I just received my Amazon TP, which I ordered a while ago and forgot.  In the meantime, I was able to get some at Costco, and that was after I had bought some from a company someone posted about, so we have enough for a while, lol.

Contributor

I stop at BJ'S, every time I go to the hospital to get my blood work done for cancer screening, about every 4-6 weeks, depending on my previous results.  It's pretty far ride for me, so When I go, I pick up everything I know we'll need for a while, so I don't have to shop.  Last time I went was on March 2, to BJ's, picked up my normal 2 36 pack Charmin, 3 bountys, and a bunch of other things.  Not knowing NJ was going into a lockdown at that point (I still went for my blood work though), but in Bergen Co, it was very scary going to the hospital.  Anyway, I ended up with I think 5 or 6 huge packs of tp,  about 200 mega rolls, and tons of paper towels, just wasn't paying attention to what was in our basement.  But it all worked out, we had more than enough to share, with our kids, thier family's, nieghbors friends, even mailed a bunch to CO lol.  And we haven't bought more yet, and have two unopened packs still down thier.  It just happened, I don't hoard  things, just did my normal shopping, but at the time want thinking about what we had.  But it worked out for good I guess.  My husband works nights in a grocery store, and they get to shop before the store opens, since they've been there all night, and a couple months ago it was really hard for them to go get in line for over an hour, after being there For 12 hour shifts. But they had to stick to the limits as well, and there are only 20 employees on the night shift. so it was no big dent in there stock.  But he would bring home lysol wipes, and other things, that people would ask if he could get, with the limits, and id be shipping things all over nj, to places and people really struggling to get anything, even food. It was really sad. Never took a penny from anyone. We offered, so if we couldn't have helped, we wouldn't have offered.  I do hope thier is a positive takeaway from all this tragedy.  What's going on now, it needs to stop. 

I hope everyone here and your families and friends were spared this. And I hope it continues to go away, as fast as it came into our lives.