Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon delivery + photo taken

I know they're doing it as proof of delivery, but I'm surprised they took a picture of a customer without permission. I thought they would log it as "directly handed to customer".  Or at least ask first before snapping your picture!

I like the feature, especially when I get things delivered to my parents house. They usually don't answer the door so when something is delivered I can tell them exactly where it is on their porch from the picture.

@saltysails, if you log into your Amazon account there is an option to click on "don't take delivery photos". That should prevent this from happening again. 

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

Meh wouldn't even be on my list of complaints or on my radar. There is so much serious issues going on that a company ensuring they are doing their job and we are receiving our orders isn't an issue.

From their standpoint I am sure there are many MANY unscrupulous people out there ..especially during the holiday season with so much being ordered and people being in a hurry..I am sure the cheats cost them a lot of money. I have no issue of them ensuring the delivery drivers are doing their job.

I love Amazon (and prime) ...any issue I had was taken care of. Recently - I forgot to send back a broken item that was $12.99..I realized it when I found it with other holiday items. I emailed them that the return is still open as I totally forgot to return it and my 30-days was up on 11/27/17. I had sent them a photo of the damaged item previously when I requested to return it. They sent me an email back that said - no worries - toss the item or keep it ..we just credited your account the $12.99...now you cannot beat that!

In 2015 I purchased two kids Kindles with the no questions asked two-year warranty. One wouldn't hold a charge and I emailed them and they said I had to call. I did and since I didn't have the item in my hand we couldn't progress further on the return. There are certain procedures they have you do to make sure the item needs replacement. Finally when we hooked up after I got the item ..it was just a bit past the two-year mark and since I had started the process the previous month it was a non-issue ...once we went thru the steps to ensure that the item was indeed dead...they sent out a new one..and trusted me to send the other one back in a timely fashion.

I am sure they mess up occasionally and drop the ball but any mistake or damage I have encountered they immediately handled it.

One time I ordered something Prime and it took four-days. I sent them an email and said do not use that SurePost or whatever where you hand off to the local Post Office. The item never arrives on time and my grandson was waiting patiently for the item to arrive. I didn't realize it but they put a courtesy credit on my account.

Esteemed Contributor

I would be upset also but if it is legit I am wondering if Amazon is attempting to combat fraud on the buyers end.  I can only imagine, sadly, how many people claim THEY NEVER GOT IT.  I know once it happened to me.  No package and a delivery confirmation on their end.  They believed me and I got a refund but people are not always honest and perhaps Amazon has to check it out randomly.

Honored Contributor

Could be worse-an Amazon delivery driver defecated in front of the house of the customer-it was caught on the home security.  The driver was squatting by the side of the delivery vehicle.

Amazon sent somebody out to clean up the mess.

This happened in Sacramento county in CA.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

I know they're doing it as proof of delivery, but I'm surprised they took a picture of a customer without permission. I thought they would log it as "directly handed to customer".  Or at least ask first before snapping your picture!

I like the feature, especially when I get things delivered to my parents house. They usually don't answer the door so when something is delivered I can tell them exactly where it is on their porch from the picture.

@saltysails, if you log into your Amazon account there is an option to click on "don't take delivery photos". That should prevent this from happening again. 

I am looking, but can not find where the option to not take delivery photos is located.  Would you please tell me where this option is?  

Respected Contributor

I can't stand their own delivery service (I've had it several times). It's bottom of the barrel, & one of the reasons I stopped ordering from that site. I absolutely hate it. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK, I found out where to opt out.  I clicked on the delivery status of the items in question (where photo was taken), saw the photo and then checked the box that said to opt out of future photos.  Thank you