Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon delivery + photo taken

No I never heard of that but depending on who is delivering they may or may not ring the bell.  I find it a bit annoying when they are persistent on ringing the bell.  USPS or UPS don't and  just leave the packages on the porch.

Trusted Contributor

Actually so weird this is being discussed today.  Amazon delivery 📦 witnessed by me today, was delivered in a quite beat up car by a middle-aged man wearing a fluorescent vest. He took the package to the porches, photographed the package on the porch and walked back to his car. He actually had two deliveries side by side neighbors, but only photographed the one delivery (that I could tell) because he spent a lot longer on the one porch, that's how I noticed that he photographed the proof of delivery. With so much theft and false claims I think it's not a bad idea. If you had consent to photograph the recipient then I'm in favor, if not "no pictures ---please!!!!" I have never seen this before. Admittedly not much of an Amazon shopper myself, but my daughter is, and buys most things from them. She is a very satisfied Prime member. I wonder if the Q would ever consider that option, one-time shipping fee for the year, because their shipping is mediocre at best.

On a side note, the one daughter was looking for baby product Aquaphor and two previous places were sold out. She ended up finding it at CVS for $18.50. My other daughter told her the same size was $10 with free shipping. 

⚓️
Respected Contributor

That's just creepy, & should never be okay with anyone! I'd be furious. 

I placed my LAST order with Amazon about a month ago. I'll never order from them again (for many, many reasons). I'd rather pay a little more $$ to keep other companies in business. 

Honored Contributor

Our deliveries are photographed and put on our account as proof of delivery if not handed to us.  No pics of us are taken, though.  It will just say handed to resident.

Sometimes the doorbell is rung but the person has already left by the time we get to the door.

I have mixed feelings about the OP's situation; I can see where it benefits Amazon but I also see the discomfort especially if the photo is posted.

With all the porch thieves increasing in numbers I can understand a company wanting proof of delivery but darn this is just a new one for me.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3

Same here, new to me, never even heard about it before today....

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

I’ve never had that happen thank goodness! The delivery man knocks on my and hands the package to me. 

I would call and complain if he tried to take a picture. 

Respected Contributor

That is creepy... Honestly, I have never seen my delivery guy from Amazon...(or girl)....but I am prime and most will put by my door and if they take a photo, it's fine with me BUT, when I've gone on line to see where a certain delivery is, they have lied/misled ...saying it's by my door when in fact, it's not...and it's way out stuffed into the mailbox or outside yards. If they ring my doorbell, I've not heard that either.( I've not been real joyful with Amazon for awhile. It's good I don't need much now.)

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

Is this with prime only that Amazon comes to your door? I never heard of this. Our Amazon deliveries came UPS. (UNrelated to Amazon but UPS- I was complaining to my husband UPS hasn't been ringing the bell, but now he started to again last week.lol. I wonder if people complained?)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

Oh jeez....

No more answering the door in a robe and hot rollers..

Honored Contributor

I never open my door no matter how many times they knock.

I hear the UPS truck, but with Amazon, they are usually in a regular sedan, so you don't hear them until the door bell rings.

At this time of year, I get packages delivered at all hours of the day and night from all services.

My HSN package arrived by UPS yesterday at 7:30 am.  Which was nice because I hadn't left for work yet so it didn't sit outside all day long.  Not that anyone would like my Cholestacare, they probably would have thrown it in the bushes.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN