Valued Contributor

Amazon delivery + photo taken

Has anyone else had an Amazon delivery (the ones delivered by people in personal cars) where the delivery guy took your photo (while I was  in my home)?  First he rang the door bell for 3 or 4 sets of rings, so I finally stopped what I was doing to answer the door. Usually the package is just left on the porch.   Then he hands me the package and as I close the storm door, I look up and he is taking my photo.  I called Amazon and left a complaint.  Anyone else haviing their photo taken when receiving an Amazon delivery?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon delivery + photo taken

[ Edited ]

I'd complain as well. Unless you are told *in advance* and Amazon gets your OK, it is NOT alright for a stranger to take your photo.

Honored Contributor

No, they just leave the package. No ringing of doorbell.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's really NOT ok.  I'd complain, too.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

No, never.  Glad you complained.

Honored Contributor

I never knew this.  But still - not sure they should be taking a photo of any person.

Amazon Logistics (AMZL) may take a photo on delivery when a package is left unattended. Capturing delivery photos is intended to help customers see that their package was safely delivered and where. ... If a photo on delivery is captured, it may show up when you track a package from Your Orders.

Honored Contributor

Taking a photo of the delivery itself is fine, taking the photo of a person WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION is NOT. I would gripe loud and long to Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

I can see why they take photos.

It's to cut down on the claims of non-delivery.

If someone claims that a package wasn't delivered, they can show the photo and say, "Oh yes it was. Here's proof".

I wouldn't a picture of my person floating around out there, but I can see why they do it.

Respected Contributor

Yes some delivery services do this. To protect the delivery person. Proof that the package was delivered and that a person took it. Our payroll service does this. They take a picture of the envelope, address and if I answer the door and take the envelope they take a picture of me. I'm glad they do this protects them and me.
Frequent Contributor

I had a package delivered and a picture was taken— but no ringing of the doorbell.  I was fine with that but would not have wanted one taken of me at the door.