Respected Contributor

Amazon delivers to your car

[ Edited ]

This scares me but maybe for some people they would love this service. They will deliver packages to your car & put it in the trunk. So many people are stealing boxes from your front door & they have deliver inside your house so now they are trying the car delivery. What do you think? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon delivers to your car

Zero interest -  I don't need anything all that fast.  And also don't need one more worry -  and I know I'd worry constantly if I gave access to my car that way.  I even avoid valet parking if it's at all possible!

Honored Contributor

Amazon imo is out of control. No longer shopping with them. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Amazon imo is out of control. No longer shopping with them. 

see your point there

I can see Bezos in front of a committee trying to splain how Amazon works to the senators who have never even used and want to "crack down" on this scourge 

Honored Contributor

not scary, b/c we have a choice to use or not.  the other choice is an amazon locker which is probably a safer option 

Honored Contributor

Amazon will continue expanding..capitalism at its best. Stopped prime realized wasn't using enough to justify the price. No money lost paid monthly. 

Honored Contributor

pretty soon they will want to deliver while your on your 'throne'.

People nowdays are nuts.

Honored Contributor

No way.

Honored Contributor

Don't have a car so no problem.  I love Amazon!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a smart idea, and much more secure than giving anyone access to your home for deliveries. The method they're using only allows the delivery person to unlock your trunk/vehicle, not operate the car.  Biggest risk is having something in your car stolen, but presumably you could just remove anything you're worried about on the day of your delivery. It's also much more convenient than having to go to a P.O. box or Amazon locker location. I would use this service if it were available in my area and I couldn't reliably have packages delivered at home or work.