Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon deliveries getting a bit wonky

Millieshops - Maybe it's too far down the road, but one cool thing that UPS can do is actually identify exactly WHERE the package is by some sort of GPS system.

I learned this one day, earlier this year, when I had a package that was 'delivered' but it wasn't delivered at my house.

I called UPS and she said something like 'just a second, I'll find out where the parcel is'.   She came back and said it was delivered two houses up the street (hehe - same neighbor I mentioned earlier) and it was sitting on their porch.  

While I was on the phone with her I walked up to their house and there it was!   It was NOT addressed to their house number.  It was addressed to MY house number, but there is some kind of GPS entity on the package or the label or something that she was able to see exactly where the package was left.    Pretty 21st century cool!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Amazon is going through some logistics growing pains as they are in the process of building their own warehouse/delivery network.

I never had a problem with them until they started building one in my state and then deadlines started getting missed.  On the third one I mentioned it to them and they gave me an extra month of Prime which I thought was lovely.

I ordered a TV on Thanksgiving and it was supposed to be delivered tomorrow.  Luckily I was putting up the tree and saw the UPS guy wing it up on my porch about a half hour ago . . . he looked very sheepish when I went out there to retrive it.  If it doesn't work when I go to hook it up, I know who to contact . . . Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Of course Amazon CS is always stellar.  I also received an extension on my Prime membership because of a delayed order. I usually do a live chat because then I have a record of the conversation.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have never had a problem with Amazon.

Ever.

Trusted Contributor

We've belonged to Amazon Prime for about two years.  I think I've had, maybe, two items that didn't arrive on time.

My biggest issue lately is with UPS.  They used to be my default shipper.  Now, I never intentionally select them.

I made two purchases from QVC, that were scheduled to be delivered by UPS today.  One came.  I checked my tracking and it said that the other package had been left behind at the warehouse, and delivery would be rescheduled.  

Well, this item didn't need to be signed for.  But, it was an electronic item and I wanted to make sure I was home to get it when it was delivered.  Now I'll spend another day waiting.

The same thing happened to me with UPS about a year ago.  I had ordered a Castro convertible bed.  It needed to be signed for, and it weighed about 100 pounds.  So, my husband took a day off from work so that he could bring it into the house when it came.  It never showed up.  I called and they said it was still at the warehouse.  They told me I could come and pick it up!!!!!  I told them to return it to the vendor.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a prime member. I always order $35 or more to get free shipping. Used to work great & received my stuff in about a week. Now if I order & use their free shipping I know I'm not getting my stuff for a couple of weeks. If you order something that's out of stock & use the $35 or more free shipping your whole order does not ship until the item that's out of stock is in stock. I placed an order & 1 pan I ordered was out of stock & they were not going to have it for a month so they were not going to ship my order. I wondered why I had not received a shipping notification so I emailed them. I did not know this was some new policy. I told them to cancel my B/O item & ship my stuff. That's ridiculous to hold your order until something that's out of stock comes back in stock. I always make sure what I'm ordering says in stock.

Fastest shipping online is iHerb

Valued Contributor

I like Amazon and I have no problems with their delivery.    I am a Prime subscriber and am very happy with the service. It is very fast.  A couple of weeks ago, a United States Postal Carrier was knocking on my door, on a Sunday!   I could not believe my eyes; he was carrying an Amazon Prime box.  He explained the United States Postal Service has entered into a contract with Amazon Prime.  They deliver for them.  Wish QVC was that fast!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Respected Contributor

I haven't had any problems...not yet, anyway.  I have Amazon Prime and I love it.  Delivery is so fast that it seems like the fulfillment center is on the corner of my street....lol

Honored Contributor

I'm with @Nightowlz.  I refuse to be a Prime member and they sit on my stuff for at least two weeks just because it seems like.  Fine with me.  I never order last minute and it's usually gifts for someone else, not anything ever for me.  I can wait if I can't order it from someplace else.

However, this time of the year, I guess they get with the program because they are so busy and push it all out.  I ordered 5am Thanksgiving morning and I got my items today.  My one out of stock until 12/10 item is shipping separately.  I can not believe it but they owed me this one fast service and I am grateful.  I won't get used to it though.

My one gripe is I purposely had this order sent to my work because I thought UPS was going to deliver and need a signature since I bought an electronic item.  They switched it to USPS which I didn't realize they would do and luckily the postman today knew his numbers which is a roll of the dice most days where I live.  Way to make me sweat it out, Amazon!  

Honored Contributor

I have Amazon Prime and really wondered how my deliveries would be now that I no longer live in the big city. I'm in a pretty rural area but still get my pkgs in 2 days! Unbelieveable! I really love shopping with Amazon!

"Pure Michigan"