Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon deliveries getting a bit wonky

[ Edited ]

I have had Prime for several years.  I spend more with Amazon than anyone vendor, but it seems like my orders are less and less.  Some of the prices are not competative. and my deliveries are irregular.  I ordered 5 items last Friday morning on Prime with 2 day.  I received one on Sunday.  The rest won't be here until Tues (tomorrow).  This happens more often.than I care to mention.  I have received wrong orders.  it is easy to return, but I hate when I have to call.  IDK why, but I seem to always get the Parrots when I call CS.  You know the agents that take up all the time repeating every darn word you say.  Geesh!

Esteemed Contributor

@mcall1020 wrote:

I havent had any problems.   I have Prime and think they are amazing!!!

I haven't had any problems either.  I don't have Prime, and Amazon has been perfect in every way for me.  No difficulty with deliveries, and their CS is the best.  

Respected Contributor

I also have Prime & no complaints about delivery service.  I appreciate that they will try to combine all items into one box, & sometimes it makes an interesting combination.  Like a couple of books, ladies electric shaver, & jewelry glue.  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

We have prime, and we've had zero issues. We order from Amazon a LOT, too!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

WE have Prime and have had no issues with the delivery time.  However, I ordered two items last week, both to arrive on Friday.  On Sat. I realized they weren't here.  We have a front entry garage and a side entry door.  All packages from Amazon are always on our side entry porch.  I happened to be in the garage and saw one package on the driveway on one corner and the other on the driveway on the other corner.  Husband says that looks like a drone delivery.  

Last holiday season I got multiple deliveries in a day. Some from UPS and some from guys in their own cars - people working on contract...kind of like Uber drivers do.

Honored Contributor

I saw the most interesting piece on Amazon Air . . . it looks like if you are interested in this service there is a mapped out plot of land on your property that the package will be delivered so you know when/where to go retrieve said package . . . fascinating!

Respected Contributor

I use Amazon also more than any other vendor and have had no issues. They notify me will all deliver dates. I got an entire box of various items Sunday that I ordered on Friday. Which was a holiday weekend, BTW.

I even got two Firesticks for 24.99 each and saved $15.00 each. 

Three weeks ago DH wanted a new timer light switch and none of the hardware stores carry that brand with the wiring we needed...but Amazon did and we got it in two days for cheaper than what the hardware stores sell the others for and much better quality.

I did read that they are losing money offering two day shipping and may offer incentives to customers to have a few more days to ship. It wouldn't bother me. As nothing I need is in two days.