Honored Contributor

Amazon commercial-so funny:)

There are all these decorated houses with Christmas lights all over the street. Except for one house that has nothing. Just an arrow pointing to it's neighbor's house with "Ditto" Woman LOL

Where I used to live the local paper would print the houses with the best decorations to go see. There was one near us that was so incredible for   Christmas that people would come and the cars would line up to see. Every beautiful inch. I don't think I've seen one yet to rival that. I can't even imagine the work, or the electrical bill!

We knew he started in October sometimes even earlier. I think it was his gift to all his community and everyone loved it so much and looked forward to it every Christmas. 

My daughter has a really good neighborhood too with horses and a cart every year with a Santa driving around the neighborhood and we all sing Christmas Carols while Santa plays the guitar!

One year they had Clydesdales! I got to pet them.Heart

One Santa was so much fun. We all singing as loud as we could while neighbors waved from their yards.Driving around seeing all the Christmas lights. Everyone would stand in line waiting for their turn on the cart. Hot Chocolate and treats were there while waiting.

Then on Dec 24th, Santa would drive in his convertable and we would get an email when he would come on our street. And we would all stand out on the yard waiting. Def something like a Hallmark movie. 

I just love Christmas so much!

I wish it was all year long. But I guess then it wouldn't be so wonderfully special. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon commercial-so funny:)

Mom lived in a retirement Community and one of their holiday activities wiuld be a drive to see all the decorated houses.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

@on the bay @Group 5 minus 1 

I'm having trouble finding that commercial, but it sounds so clever!

Seeing the Christmas lights during the holidays is so much fun! 
Enjoy!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay 

Love the ditto, haha! I haven't seen that one.

We have a street like that here where all the houses look absolutely magical, everyone decorates to the nines and during the holiday season it's so busy they need traffic directors but we prefer to walk it.

What makes it extra special is that all the houses are old fairytail looking cottages (smaller tudor style) which only adds to the beauty and magic....

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerHead That sounds wonderful!

Like "34th street in Hampden, MD Hun!"Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay  I love that commercial! We took our GD to see a local decorated house over Thanksgiving. And, right next door there was a house with a Ditto sign. The houses are pretty close together, so the neighbors must be good eggs to put up with all the car and foot traffic. 

You're daughter's neighborhood sounds wonderful! What a great experience!

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

Your experience sounds so warm and magical.

Here, Biltmore Village shops (the houses from around 1895) are lighted and at the beginning of the season, carolers dress up like they did in the Dickens Village days and they sing.

May be an image of 1 person and christmas tree

2023 Dickens Festival