Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon buying Whole Foods

@suzyQ3@gidgetgh   Well at least if I do ever go to Whole Foods, I know not to buy a cake there!  LOL    

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

We have Prime.  And we've purchased food already online.  Looking forward to getting more!

Amen!  Kroger had the home delivery market cornered and their service is horrible!  Now we can get same day delivery of wholesome food at a fraction of the cost -with accountability! This takeover is a godsend for disabled vets.  

Respected Contributor

I think it's considered a violation of the anti trust laws if Bezos were to buy up all the grocery stores and I think there is a general fear now that the 3 biggest companies Amazon, Google and Facebook will be buying up everything. 

I've tried Whole Food's Vegan Blueberry Muffins and they were moist and delicious. I have bought them a few times since.

Recently, I started a thread asking about mineral water and a very kind person recommended Gerolsteiner because of the ideal ratio between calcium and magnesium and the sodium while high was not as high as some of the others.  At Kroger one large bottle sells for $1.99 and at Whole Foods $1.69.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's political.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

And now you know why Amazon was discounting shipping for low income folk.

All they had to do was provide their SNAP card number to verify.

So well thought out!

Amazon is going to issue a debt offering, this is not a cash sale. Appears Amazon stock may be downgraded as they take on this massive debt.

Honored Contributor

Priceless comment @gidgetgh! They're even higher here on Hawaii!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy wrote:

And now you know why Amazon was discounting shipping for low income folk.

All they had to do was provide their SNAP card number to verify.

So well thought out!

Amazon is going to issue a debt offering, this is not a cash sale. Appears Amazon stock may be downgraded as they take on this massive debt.

@Snowpuppy could you point me to that story?  If you have something you could share that would be great @Snowpuppy.  I'd like to read it.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@itiswhatitis  The story about Amazon Prime offering discounts to low income folk and asking for SNAP to verify is a thread a few pages back on Community Chat.

Posted in the last week or 10 days? I found it but don't know how to post the link.

Some folk just don't see it for what it is.

Trusted Contributor

I hope that Amazon improves the chain as a whole. We have a fairly new Whole Foods in my city and it's nowhere nearly as good as the Whole Foods in a city a couple of hours away from me. 

I would have preferred a Trader Joe's. we do have a really nice Kroger Marketplace though. It's 120,000 square feet and has everything including a huge organic section. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@itiswhatitis  The story about Amazon Prime offering discounts to low income folk and asking for SNAP to verify is a thread a few pages back on Community Chat.

Posted in the last week or 10 days? I found it but don't know how to post the link.

Some folk just don't see it for what it is.

@Snowpuppy no I was talking about your mention of Amazon not paying cash for this purchase.

I participate in the thread you mention and gave my opinion (as it stands) on that.  Do you have any info regarding the financial aspect of the deal with Amazon and Whole Foods?

*Call Tyrone*