Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon buying Whole Foods

We just got a Whole Foods last Winter and I have yet to step inside!   It doesn't really call my name!! Have heard from friends that it is very expensive....

Honored Contributor

I shop at Whole Foods for most of my produce. Maybe with Amazon, the prices will decrease a bit. That would be great but I'm not holding my breath. I don't find their prices too outrageous, at least not for the quality. I only buy organic produce and prefer produce from small, local farms and my Whole Foods carries that very thing, which I appreciate. So regardless, I will still buy from there as long as they still offer that. Otherwise I will start going to the local farmers' markets again although it isn't as convenient. 

Trusted Contributor

@corita

Instead of listening to your friends, why don't you just go into the store and look around?

When I first stepped into Whole Foods 7 years ago, I thought I was in a different world.  The produce was so much more beautiful than the regular grocery stores.  You can't compare the two.  It's like comparing apples to oranges.

As for the expense, it's a little pricier than a regular store.  But it's not costing your entire paycheck.  And if you want to go all organic, you do it slowly.  That's what I did.  I just started with fruits, veggies and meats.  Then little by little I purchased other organic stuff (spices, condiments, hand soap, etc). 

It just amazes me that people think WF is a luxury.  It isn't.  Cable is a luxury.  So is a cell phone.  Good organic produce and meats should never be considered a luxury.  

I'm glad Amazon is buying WF.  I'm an Amazon Prime member, so this is amazing news Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I wonder how this new purchase will change Whole Foods

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

It is a little bit higher then most markets but you also have amazing quality and service

@corita wrote:

We just got a Whole Foods last Winter and I have yet to step inside!   It doesn't really call my name!! Have heard from friends that it is very expensive....

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@corita

Instead of listening to your friends, why don't you just go into the store and look around?

--------------------

I don't listen to my friends...most of my friends do shop there.  I have been in a WF in other towns...just not interested.  I shop at several local mom/pop stores.

Respected Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Excellent!

I believe amazon provides great benefits for employees. Whole Food employees may now get to benefit from that.

@Ms tyrion2

My DD & SIL work for amazon and it is an awesome organization.  So many perks and they are treated with respect.  Amazon values their employees, recognizes their hard work and rewards them.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

I need to stay out of our Whole Foods. I am prone to impulse buying in there. 

Super Contributor

I also started shopping at WF to buy their produce. I often found good prices on organixc fruit in season. They have sales quite often.

Honored Contributor

I've only bought a few things at Whole Foods. Believe it or not, I've found great greeting cards there. I've browsed the bakery but their prices are just nuts. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?