Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon becoming my “GO TO” these days

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

Been my own go-to since 2005 - LOVE them.

Hey, @SeaMaiden ,does Buddy order dog stuff when you and DH are asleep?

Or converse with Alexa when you both aren't home?

;-)

@feline groovy  😄Thank Goodness NO.  If Buddy did order....it would be food related treats I am sure😄

oh,  and no Alexa for me.... just do not understand the need for a Her!

If you have audible alexa can play all of your books.  I like to listen to a lot of podcasts on alexa.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

My go to spot also and has been for years, yes Prime. Not really any B and M stores I buy from that are not also big corporate stores. 

I only buy things we need, very little for myself, other than practical things that I need. Frugal is what a say, some prefer cheap.

If Amazon has it, and is the best price, I but it. My wife on the other hand buys from everywhere, including Amazon. Pet supplies we but mostly from Pet Stores than carry more nutritional foods.

That's about it.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

There were four things I needed and would normally buy at Target, but I found them on Amazon instead. With some credits and not caring how fast it ships, my order was $23 (electric toothbrush replacement brushes, hair color, envelopes and Miracle Gro plant food).

Honored Contributor

They are a great second option. For my latest grocery pickup I ordered 13 gallon kitchen garbage bags but received lawn trash bags instead. No problem. Immediately found kitchen bags on Amazon and ordered a pack of 200 and it'll be here Thursday. I don't want to buy everything that way, but it's so nice to have it as a backup.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

I do have to give them credit on how they handle returns. I dropped off a return package today at UPS and within a couple hours I had an email from them with my return credit! I was pretty happy about that! 

Honored Contributor

Guilty here.  I fee bad, because I am a huge supporter and proponent of shopping locally and  USA items  the USA items I can do at amazon, but it is not possible to support local during these times.  I do use Instacart for Costco, and send my granddaughter to Trader Joe's.   But everyday items like hand soap, laundry, som toiletries and personal care items I go to amazon.  

Honored Contributor

I too have relied on Amazon lately, but I learned to be careful after a bad experience with a third party seller. I will only order from Amazon or Amazon Prime. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

Right now I'm on a 2 month free trial of Amazon Prime.  Been using it mostly to order groceries for delivery from Whole Foods and it's been great.  I have the hang of it now!  My delivery yesterday was a breeze -- all delivery times were available when I ordered!

Also ordered some other things and deciding if I want to go monthly or yearly for Prime or if I want to cancel. I used to only order from there occasionally but wondering how much I will when our shelter in place is over.  But I agree that you find all sorts of stuff there, often at decent prices and delivery is usually reliable.  

@sueinsf

Welcome to Amazon. I started buying music from them in 1998. I subscribe to Music Unlimited today.

If you pay for a one year Prime subscription and cancel, the company will refund the balance. 

Respected Contributor

Needed banana pudding for a pie I was making. Went to two stores and they didn't have any. Got home, found it on Amazon, ordered it and had it the next day. Why didn't I just start with Amazon to begin with? 

Honored Contributor

I don't like to give them so much business as they are already so big and it takes away from smaller businesses and, of course, local stores.  But since most places have been closed, I have been forced to use them quite a lot more lately!  And you can't argue with the huge variety of products. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin