Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon becoming my “GO TO” these days

@chickenbutt : 

Hiya, chicky!  Hope you, DH, Tarz, and Ru are all doing well. 

Speaking of your kids, have they been enjoying their dad being home more often?  Kisses to both of 'em...

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@chickenbutt : 

Hiya, chicky!  Hope you, DH, Tarz, and Ru are all doing well. 

Speaking of your kids, have they been enjoying their dad being home more often?  Kisses to both of 'em...

Hey Darlin!  Thank You and nice seein' you!   I hope this finds you and yours well.   Truth be told, he still works so that hasn't changed for them or me.   Ru will be TEN in July!!   Wow.   Tarz will be 23 in Oct.   Crazy how time flies when you're gettin' old.

TBH, if he were home all the time I would probably not do well.  I'm so used to being alone, from humans anyway, all day for many years now (since I stopped working anyway), and it would be a massive adjustment.

Happy Day!  Heart

Honored Contributor

I find I get much better prices and deals on ebay than on amazon. I have been using ebay quite a lot lately. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

I find I get much better prices and deals on ebay than on amazon. I have been using ebay quite a lot lately. 

@Shelbelle, glad that works for you. I just don't see the comparison. To me, they are so different in so many ways.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I usually only occasionally used Amazon before but now I order regularly.  Items like shampoo, books (now that libraries are closed), etc.  I don't have prime but I never pay shipping.  I will be glad when I am again comfortable getting out shopping. 

Honored Contributor

I bought a lot on Amazon before this mainly becasue I don't want to go to a bunch of different stores to find the things I want.  If I know it's available locally and where, I will buy local.  However, lately even Amazon has been iffy in finding the things I might want.  I fear that wil get even worse until manufacturing picks up.  It's not just about truckers getting the product to the stores.  There's got to be product in the first place. 

I was recently trying to find grow-through plant supports.  My local Lowes and Home Depot were sold out, so I went online.  The only ones I could even find which cost like $5-8 added $10-15 for shipping.  No thanks, I'll just have droopy plants I guess. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, we, too, use Amazon for so much.  My husband has stopped going to any stores and has now purchased everything for his garden from Amazon. 

I go to Costco during senior hours about twice a month and then to Safeway very briefly, but everything else comes from Amazon.

Our sons, who live in cities, use Amazon Fresh often.  I feel Prime is well worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes: I use Amazon for practically everything! It's the first place I go to for just about everything. It's been a life-saver! Even before the pandemic, I often wondered how hard life would be without Amazon - when you hold a full-time job...working 50-60 hours per week! Amazon is great!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy a fair amount of stuff on amazon.  I've looked at ebay but never bought anything and have never seen anything cheaper on ebay than on amazon.

I remember when Jay Leno would show all the oddball stuff sold on ebay

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Been my own go-to since 2005 - LOVE them.

Hey, @SeaMaiden ,does Buddy order dog stuff when you and DH are asleep?

Or converse with Alexa when you both aren't home?

;-)

@feline groovy  😄Thank Goodness NO.  If Buddy did order....it would be food related treats I am sure😄

oh,  and no Alexa for me.... just do not understand the need for a Her!