Trusted Contributor

Re: Amazon and Kohl’s returns

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

My closest Kohl's store is just 10 minutes away and is in the same mall as the UPS store, so I have both those options available to me. Returns at the UPS store have been quick and easy, and there isn't usually the long line that there tends to be at the Kohl's customer service desk. If it's not convenient for some for whatever reason, you're not compelled to go there. But it's nice to have another option available. 

@FrostyBabe1, Amazon returns have a completely separate area,apart from Kohl's service desk. At the store that I go to most often, the Amazon return is right there when you walk in the door using the outside mall entrance. Unless I choose to, I don't have to go any further into the Kohl's store. I drop off my Amazon return, leave the store immediately & continue my day. 

Trusted Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@NickNack Hi Nicknack - Does UPS provide a label and print out receipt, etc.  I do not have a printer.

UPS scans it from your phone. 

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@NickNack Hi Nicknack - Does UPS provide a label and print out receipt, etc.  I do not have a printer.

@tobes   When you check which way you want to return it on Amazon's website they will send you an email.  You just show the email on your phone to them at the UPS Store, and they scan your phone.  The UPS store will give you a receipt.  I got my refund within a few hours of dropping it off.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Haven't had the opportunity to use this (my kohl's is convenient & i usually don't return to Amazon) but am happy to know others are pleased.

Although the evil part of me wonders if you bought a refrigerator from Amazon, would Kohl's box it up and return it?  {very evil grin} Woman Wink

Denise
Respected Contributor

@deeva 

I haven't either.  I tried once.  Apparently I ordered full size sheets instead of queen.   Amazon told me to keep them and sent the queen right out.

I think the Kohl's return for Amazon is great.   I don't shop at Kohl's but there is one right by our car dealership and a favorite restaurant so I'm happy to see the new partnership, JIC.

Respected Contributor

@NickNack Thanks so much for your help.  I live very close to a UPS customer center and have heard that this may be possible.  Really appreciate your post,

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 Thanks for your post.  I have had good luck in picking up items ordered on line a the store and no problem returning said items.  Appreciate it

Honored Contributor

Kohl's seems to be off the beaten path for a lot of folks.  The nearest one to me is nearly an hour away.  I dont' even think I've shopped there.  They are never in malls, usually in small strip mall along with a Target or so.  I'm surprised Amazon picked them, given how few locations they are. Hope Amazon picks some better located stores in the future. I'd put them up with Aldi, another few & far store.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird   Since Amazon has very limited brick and mortar presence perhaps they are thinking about purchasing this chain of stores.  There is a rumor to that effect . . . don't know if there is an iota of truth in it.  Their limited "grab and go" using a smart phone app in their few B & M locations (bookstores) is very limited and maybe not that successful.

All I know is that Amazon makes everything seem as effortless as possible for their customers which makes it easier for customers to consider them first which has been wildly successful.

Honored Contributor

I just returned something from Amazon for the first time using the new system.  It was so easy to do.  UPS is not far from my house so that is nice.  No packing up at all.  I returned it to UPS and within two hours I was notified of my refund. No that is service.