Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Shipping is Sort of a Disaster

My dad ordered a cable from amazon. Is was to be delivered by the post office. We have never had issues before. The post office must be hiring outside people also because it was dark and couldn’t find our house. It got delivered the next day. If it had been our mailman that wouldn’t of happened. It’s really dark where we live and we aren’t on the gps yet.

Respected Contributor

I have ordered several items from Amazon in the past month and have had no problems with shipping times or deliveries. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Amazon has always been good with their quick shipping, but this is with their own delivery trucks that have caused some issues in our area.  We hadn't seen Amazon marked vans until recently and a lot of people aren't pleased with that service.  Not their regular shipping through other carriers.  I should have explained better. 

Ah.  My packages from Amazon are usually delivered by UPS or USPS. 

Respected Contributor

Unlike UPS, USPS or FedEx, I’ve had problems this Christmas with Amazon’s own delivery service and have twice registered complaints with Customer Service about it.

For no apparent reason, one package was left in plain view out in the driveway, leaned up against the garage door. If the man had walked another 20 feet he could have easily put the package at the front door and on a covered porch. Had I gone out that morning, I surely would have run over the box.

Another box was “out for delivery today,” but it took 3 full days to arrive. Via their live mapping service, I watched the driver make about a 30 mile loop, eventually circling back to where he originated, without coming close to making the delivery. One time he was actually on my street, two doors up, but drove away without delivering.

The vehicle I’ve seen looks like a rental van, covered with garish advertisements.  It’s a good thing Alexa tells me when a package has been delivered, because I’ve yet to have anyone ring the doorbell.

If, after the holidays, this level of delivery ‘service’ continues, I will rethink my Amazon Prime membership. I can get this kind of treatment just about everywhere and without paying $120 for it.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Valued Contributor

I have not had any problems receiving my packages from Amazon as promised so far this year. They've all come either UPS or USPS. Nothing damaged or lost. I have no complaints.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Sooner@Maybe the drivers are new and will get better given time and complaints. MY son likes in Edmond and he was talking about these new amazon vans too.I have been sending Christmas pkg like crazy to their home ahead of my arrival and with no complaints.Hey might see you out shopping if you are in the area...but we won’t realize it.Merry Christmas.

@dex  Go to Cattleman's restaurant and I'll be the one with the coconut pie!  Better than my mom made!!!!  I LOVE that stuff!  If you go to Upper Crust Pizza, I'm having the bbq chicken one!  At Trader Joe's, I'm buying mushrooms and those peach halves in glass jars (hard to find in the store--ask!), and at Whole Foods, I'm the one with my nose on the glass inspecting all the beef on sale!  LOL!!!  SO now you'll know me!  

I hope you have a good time in Oklahoma!  

Respected Contributor

After years of mostly smooth sailing, I hit a bad patch with Amazon local delivery. Bizarre problem after problem. One time they claimed they could not find my address.  The only address I have ever used at Amazon.

I don’t know what happened, but I have no love for AMZL.

Honored Contributor

@SoonerLOLWe do go to upper crust pizza and the bbq chicken is our favorite  too...look for us there.We like to go to Tjs too...we will be buying wine this year.We also like the beef from a market store that I have forgotten the name of.They have the best steaks and my son cooks them perfectly.Too bad his wife has pneumonia right now.Hopefully she will be well soon and that son isn’t next one sick.I love going to Oklahoma..people are friendly and polite.Lots of restaurants actually too many and so hard to choose.

Honored Contributor

I'm super lucky.  Been with Prime for years.  Anything I want.  I point, click & it's delivered.  Somethimes the same day.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have done most of my Christmas shopping this year online; UPS has actually done better than last year;  with two people in the truck and one of them just runs the package up to the door and rings the bell. Great. . Today, I wasn't home and found a box of Slatkin candles sitting upside down on the porch...courtesy. of UPS....it says fragile and huge arrows to show which way is up....UPS has been giving some items to USPS to ship; everything has been stuffed into our regular-sized mailbox along with our mail...no matter how fragile or large it is..