Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Shipping is Sort of a Disaster

@Sooner@Maybe the drivers are new and will get better given time and complaints. MY son likes in Edmond and he was talking about these new amazon vans too.I have been sending Christmas pkg like crazy to their home ahead of my arrival and with no complaints.Hey might see you out shopping if you are in the area...but we won’t realize it.Merry Christmas.

Valued Contributor

Most of my Amazon deliveries are left on my front porch.  A few Amazon drivers have left packages on my front lawn and on my walkway between the driveway and stairs to front porch.  Thank goodness for Alexa alerts when packages arrive.  I have also had packages delivered to other people and those few times the people did bring them to my house the next day.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our Amazon packages get delivered by our mailman most of the time. They leave them on the bench on the porch, ring the doorbell & leave. I have Ring Doorbell so I know when they have come by.

We have people that come thru our neighborhood at midnight or after with their loud booming music when most people are in bed sleeping. So rude!!!

I don't like FedEx either. Sometimes they want a signature for my packages when no signature was requested.

I thought my mailman left 1 of my packages some place else Fri because he delivered a package around 10am & another about 5pm.

I called the post office that morning after he came by because my Informed Delivery showed I had 2 packages coming. They said they were delivering packages that morning & getting another load for them to deliver that afternoon.

I don't think our post office can handle all the packages. UPS has been delivering some that showed USPS delivery.

Honored Contributor

I have not been pleased with their contract shipping. The company here that does it is DMX and they are just people in the private cars delivering and most of the time it’s late at night, not delivered when they say and thrown about.  One time they just sandwiched it between two mailboxes which are located on a busy street all night.  

I’ve called to complain numerous times about this company but they continue to use them. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

UPS seems to be using a lot of contractors to deliver packages in their private vehicles.  I used to assist UPS in hiring their drivers, and in those days they only hired the cream of the crop, preferably recently honorably discharged veterans.   I bet they're still pretty picky with hiring their permanent employees. 

From my experience, FedEx is a disaster.

@Kachina624

This happened to me for the first time last week.  I knew their seasonal helpers were working, but I didn’t realize they now also were hiring people to use their own vehicles.  

Respected Contributor

Where I live Amazon contracts with individuals who can check daily for local areas (on their app) that have deliveries needed.  They then sign up for the area they want and are paid ($18/hr - last check) to deliver about 12-15 packages.  I get people delivering that I believe also double as Uber drivers.  I also get some UPS, but not USPS or Amazon vans.  I've not had any problems.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I get notifications of shipment and delivery on my Echo, as well as my cell phone and e-mail.  Sometimes, when I go to track a shipment, there's even a map showing where the driver is and how many stops before mine.  I've never experienced what was mentioned in the original post

Respected Contributor

I've had independent drivers for Amazon.

The last one put the package  neatly by my front door, rang the bell and wished me happy holidays when I answered.

No complaints here. I'm glad peop,e have a way to make some extra money this time of year.

Respected Contributor

I order from Amazon all the time and haven't had any problems.  

Valued Contributor

Amazon has started a shipping franchise. Any of us could hire our own contractors to deliver packages. There  will be more posts like this.