Esteemed Contributor

I bought a gift for someone from Amazon only to find they already had one.  I went to a UPS store that takes Amazon returns.  I was told that Amazon now only gives free returns at Whole Foods which Amazon owns.  Whole Foods is about twenty minutes away.  I said I would bring the package to Kohl's, which they said Amazon also owns, and was told they think they are now only accepting clothes for free shipping.  Return costs range from about $1 to $15.  After going through the whole process again on my phone, luckily my return was only $1.  

I rarely buy from Amazon and never made a return.  Not that I cared about the $1, but i would have if it were $15.  Amazon touts free shipping and returns.  That is now untrue.  Maybe it's different for Prime members.  This item was sent through Amazon, not a third party seller.  If I buy from them again, I will be sure to buy only items I know will be keeping.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a Prime member and I've never paid a dime to return anything. I've returned to Kohls and the UPS store. The nearest Whole Food would be close to an hour one way. 

Trusted Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

I bought a gift for someone from Amazon only to find they already had one.  I went to a UPS store that takes Amazon returns.  I was told that Amazon now only gives free returns at Whole Foods which Amazon owns.  Whole Foods is about twenty minutes away.  I said I would bring the package to Kohl's, which they said Amazon also owns, and was told they think they are now only accepting clothes for free shipping.  Return costs range from about $1 to $15.  After going through the whole process again on my phone, luckily my return was only $1.  

I rarely buy from Amazon and never made a return.  Not that I cared about the $1, but i would have if it were $15.  Amazon touts free shipping and returns.  That is now untrue.  Maybe it's different for Prime members.  This item was sent through Amazon, not a third party seller.  If I buy from them again, I will be sure to buy only items I know will be keeping.

Amazon does not own kohl's.  I would not listen to the ups person, ans contact amazon.com yourself for information  this worker doesn't  know what going on with Amazon 

Honored Contributor

I just did an Amazon return.  It was a clothing item that was damaged.  I chose Staples from their list. Nothing was said about not getting a full refund depending on the site I chose.  I checked today and they had already done a pre-return credit which would then go on my CC as soon as they received the item.  Full credit.  Plus Staples gave me a 10% off coupon for their store.  

I know Kohls did that when they first started doing Amazon returns, but last time I did a return there I didn't get a coupon, so I figure Staples will only be doing it short term.  I don't do many returns, mostly defective items.  

Trusted Contributor

The free return items are marked as such on the item description.  

IMG_0635.jpeg

Frequent Contributor

If you have a Staples Store, you can return Amazon, QVC & other stuff in their store.  Also our store accepts USPS returns as well as UPS!!! 

Regular Contributor

Not sure what your issue is,  but I returned an Amazon package at the ups store today and had no trouble.  It was something I just didn't like, not clothing, and I paid nothing for the return. 

Super Contributor

Amazon began to charge return fees under certain circumstances earlier this year. Whether or not you have a prime membership doesn't determine if you'll be charged a return fee. Below is a partial explanation:

83B24BF6-5707-4D77-B5D9-07CCE8EFD164.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor
I've never had to pay for a return. I choose UPS mostly and never had a problem.
Esteemed Contributor
Last year I chose Khols and always got a coupon. I now chose USP because it's closer and never paid anything.