Trusted Contributor

@willdob3  yes that is exactly the question I was asking the CS rep. Is this a State tax and she could not answer. However, coming on this forum I that everyone for your responses to clarify this. you should all get a fee from Amazon for your knowledgeable responses.

Honored Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

@willdob3  yes that is exactly the question I was asking the CS rep. Is this a State tax and she could not answer. However, coming on this forum I that everyone for your responses to clarify this. you should all get a fee from Amazon for your knowledgeable responses.

@Deanie

The question you asked was above the rep’s pay grade. Really, not kidding. They really would not have a clue about the taxes. It isn’t part of the training. 

They can sometimes tell you things about products but they are usually just looking online just like we do.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Sooner  How can I find out about the discounts at Whole Foods.   I didn't know about the discount.  Thanks.

@Deanie  Go to the store site on the web but you need the app to register and show a bar code when you check out.   It is a fairly new program. There are emails and in-store specials

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Sooner  How can I find out about the discounts at Whole Foods.   I didn't know about the discount.  Thanks.

@phoenixbrd  Go to the store site on the web but you need the app to register and show a bar code when you check out.   It is a fairly new program. There are emails and in-store specials

Honored Contributor

So, I'm not totally understanding.  

Do you HAVE to do one of those apps for this Whole Foods thing?  Or, as one poster said, can you just give the phone number that is on your Amazon account and they can process it from that?

I'm curious because my husband goes to Whole Foods fairly frequently and was trying to figure a way to get the discount.  I have an Amazon Prime account.   I really don't do apps, but it wouldn't even matter if I had the app on my phone because my phone isn't with him.  I don't know if he can do the app on his phone, if he doesn't have an Amazon account.

If he could just put the home (landline) phone number that I have on my Amazon account, that would be ideal.

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@Deanie

Have you spoken to a Customer Service Supervisor? Been a prime member for several years and it has been worth every penny to us. I haven't figured out their tax chargers, and I have no plans to do so. Some items are taxed, some are not, and for me I see no rhyme or reason for the why!

What I do know about 1 tax we pay here is this. We always pay State taxes, and even though we DO NOT live in THE City, we have to pay City taxes. Why?  Nobody I have spoken with in that City Hall has been able to give me a definitive, logical answer. Pay City Taxes, but CANNOT VOTE in City Elections?  Still waiting for someone in the City Administration to give me an answer that I can understand.

Prime? None better in my opinion.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut(john)Isn’t that taxation without representation?  Want me to send some tea to throwing in the city hall fountain?  Go get ‘em John and let us know what the scoundrels say!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

since we dont know what state you live in, here is a list of states that charge taxes on amazon prime membership. "If any of component products or services would be subject to retail sales tax, then the entire membership fee is a bundled transaction subject to retail sales tax."

Amazon Prime includes multiple benefits such as free two day shipping, free unlimited photo storage, plus exclusive access to movies, music and Kindle books. To determine the taxability of Prime, taxing authorities were requested by Amazon to provide guidance. As a result, Amazon Prime is subject to tax in the following states:

• Alabama
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • California
  • Colorado
  • District of Columbia
  • Florida (Communications Services Tax only)
  • Hawaii
  • Idaho
  • Iowa
  • Kentucky
  • Michigan
  • Mississippi
  • Missouri
  • Nebraska
  • New Jersey
  • New Mexico
  • New York
  • North Carolina
  • Ohio
  • Pennsylvania
  • Puerto Rico
  • Rhode Island
  • South Carolina
  • South Dakota
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Vermont
  • Washington
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming

And OKLAHOMA,,,

Respected Contributor

I don't mind Amazon's Prime fee any more than paying for Sam's Club or Costco memberships.  They're all about the same price, and much, much less than what I pay a year for television.  But that's another story gripe.  

I use Amazon's credit card just on their site.  The Reward Points earned from it more than cover the Prime fee.  In fact, I used points today for a free pair of Skecher's slippers

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt  Couldn’t he download the app, put in your Amazon info then they just scan the app code when he shops?  Or add him to your account?

The one here has good meats and their 365 marinara sauce is good to jazz up not too herby to add ingredients

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@chickenbutt  Couldn’t he download the app, put in your Amazon info then they just scan the app code when he shops?  Or add him to your account?

The one here has good meats and their 365 marinara sauce is good to jazz up not too herby to add ingredients

Hi Darlin!  Smiley Happy     I'm pretty sure you're right with your suggestions and you definitely know more than I about this.

I am so NOT into apps and even that I had to install an app on my phone when we got these stupid security cameras (that I hate - can you tell?) bugs me.  But that's cool and I'm over that.

I think one reason I've never added him to any of my accounts is because  he is a very emotional thinker and he will buy things without researching them first (e.g. those damnable security cameras!), and I just don't want that on my account.   When somebody who is trying to sell him something tells him how great it is he believes them!  Argh!  I'm not an emotional thinker so you can imagine how that sometimes makes me want to bop him one upside the head.  Smiley Very Happy

If it could still somehow be on his phone just through the app that w/b fine.  As long as it doesn't connect to my Amazon card.  But the best case scenario was mentioned by another poster upthread that you could just punch in the phone number that's on your amazon account to make your purchase and I thought that w/b ideal because I have our landline phone# on my account. 

He's not good at electronics at all and, I swear, that iPhone he has makes me crazy.   I'm so glad I don't have an iPhone!   Just trying to help him with his gives me anxiety.  I do have an iPod and know basically how the 'i' stuff works.  Even that gives me fits and don't even get me started on iTunes (which USED TO BE a lot better!).

If he could just punch in our home phone # when he goes to WF, that would be ideal.  He would get the discount and I forgot the rest of what happens with it.  He told me one day, but I don't retain much anymore.