Esteemed Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Besides free shipping, don't members also get the streaming movies through Roku, Apple or whatever?

@Another new name Sue 

Amazon Prime streaming comes with Prime membership. It includes movies and tv shows.  Personally, I like my one or two free ebooks every month.  And there's Prime music, too. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

Nope, I always buy with free shipping or don't buy.

Honored Contributor

Love prime...we use Amazon a lot, won't hesitate to renew.

Esteemed Contributor

@pdlinda   Like you I have the Chase Prime visa with 5% cash back on Amazon purchases and smaller percentages on other purchases. Since I use Amazon often I accumulate my reward money all year and consider it my Christmas money.  I transfer the money into my checking account, them buy gifts from Amazon and start earning more rewards.  I use the money I transferred to checking to pay bill.  A sweet deal so I will keep it.  

Honored Contributor

I often don't understand why people will pay that much money for Prime.

Just because delivery is faster w/ Prime?  My DD is Prime and for a very long time now, delivery is 3-4 days...not hitting the two day promise.  We must not have a hub around here...but still....delivery is NOT as promised.

If free shipping is $25, why pay a membership price?

Just curious, if you are ordering tons of small items on single orders?

If so, that would contribute to Amazon needing to have a price increase. 

If customers are ordering tons of inexpensive items everyday...that is a cost burden to Amz to deliver so many times.

Why not combine items to make $25.....and your shipping is always free...REALLY free.

Trusted Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I will have to reconsider if that'sworth it for me.  Most of what I buy on Amazon are gifts for the g-kids.

Me too and yes, it's still worth it for me! Considering gas and safety, it still seems loke a bargain-and delivery has been perfect for me all year-every single time-thanks drivers-always polite and efficient!

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I just never see what the shipping charges are for outside vendors until I lool at the cart and see it has increased so much then have to find which thing has the shipping charge.

Is there a way to know this right away? Am I not looking in the right place?

@on the bay 

I just checked an item I buy frequently from an outside vendor that always has a shipping charge.

On the product page, right underneath the price of the item, it states "$X.XX delivery".  That's the shipping charge.

Honored Contributor

My renewal is automatic.  It is worth it to us since we get deliveries from Amazon several times a week and watch Prime video.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @geezerette!

I'll look for that next timeSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I often don't understand why people will pay that much money for Prime.

Just because delivery is faster w/ Prime?  My DD is Prime and for a very long time now, delivery is 3-4 days...not hitting the two day promise.  We must not have a hub around here...but still....delivery is NOT as promised.

If free shipping is $25, why pay a membership price?

Just curious, if you are ordering tons of small items on single orders?

If so, that would contribute to Amazon needing to have a price increase. 

If customers are ordering tons of inexpensive items everyday...that is a cost burden to Amz to deliver so many times.

Why not combine items to make $25.....and your shipping is always free...REALLY free.

@RespectLife 

There was an article saying that unless people took advantage of Amazon Prime for videos/music they'd have to have at least 32 orders to make Prime worthwhile for deliveries......and it would be a lot more with the new $139 price....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”