Respected Contributor

July 15th and 16th

Has anyone gotten any good deals here?

It seems like a giant garage sale of leftover things.

Since we are Prime members I always look but rarely buy.

Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime day coming up

I could have written your post.  lol  I did find a good buy on makeup wipes last year so bought those.  First thing I've bought during Prime Day.  I know they always have good buys on their branded products (Fire) and on Instant Pots.  I've read that they have good buys on TV's, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Last year I got a great deal on a Yeti thermos.  Sometimes it pays to look.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

The only things that I'm really interested in are deals on either an outdoor security camera that I'm interested in or a Kindle Unlimited subscription. If those are available, I'll bite. Otherwise, I don't have the time to sift thru everything. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

LOL    Only someone who doesn't really shop with Amazon would say that.  

Respected Contributor

I find shopping for Prime Day Deals all very confusing and overwhelming.  I'm not interested in any high-end products or electronics.  I could use some helpful tips on how to hone in on finding deals in particular areas. 

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat @I agree...I wonder if someone will give us some shopping tips and tricks to finding the best deals.I shop Amazon all of the time but I don’t have any idea how to get deals there.

Honored Contributor

The only thing I've ever bought on Prime day is Greenies for my dog.  I don't need any electronics, and there seem to be hundreds of pages to sort through for the other categories.  I've tried looking and can't find anything that I need.

I usually have Amazon packages coming to me a couple of times a week, so I am an Amazon purchaser.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Count me in as an Amazon shopper.  Just bought a great book on the Apollo 11 program, and more.  It chronicles the entire space race, from very early days forward, to Hubble and beyond.  It is entitled “Spaceflight, The Complete story from Sputnik to Curiosity.”  Put out by the Smithsonian, special for the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.  The list price in a catalog was $40; Amazon Prime $26.  

A good-sized coffee table type of book, very well illustrated, and you don’t need to be a “rocket scientist” to understand it. I bought it for my DH, who worked on this program for many years.  I am going to order a few more copies for our children.

Most people nowadays have no clue about how hard this was to do, in a relatively short period of time. Computers were in their infancy.  

Buzz Aldrin quote:  “Walking on the Moon was a piece of cake. It was easy.  But getting to the Moon was anything but easy.”

Honored Contributor

I never get anything on Prime Day, the items I want are never discounted. I think you can be sucked in to buying things you really don't need because you think you're getting a bargain.