Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,468
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Amazon Prime and Whole Foods

We might like to try the online program, if there is any price advantage.

Does anyone use the program?

How does it work?

Do you like it?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,381
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Amazon Prime and Whole Foods

@LTT1I don't know the answer to your questions, so I'll be curious to see the answers, especially because I couldn't see any significant changes in Whole Foods prices when I went to their store a few months after Amazon came in.

 

And the rugelah I bought were stale.  That'll teach me not to buy what's unhealthy for me!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,468
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Amazon Prime and Whole Foods

@millieshops

 

I am going to call Amazon probably today.

The bottom of the WF receipt says to check amazon.com/Prime Savings and free shipping.

I am going to look into this!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,596
Registered: ‎02-05-2018

Re: Amazon Prime and Whole Foods


@LTT1 wrote:

We might like to try the online program, if there is any price advantage.

Does anyone use the program?

How does it work?

Do you like it?


What online program are you talking about? Prime Now deliveries? I use it often, but I haven't bought anything form Whole Foods that way yet. The Whole Foods is the easiest store for me to stop in on my way home from work, so I request fewer deliveries from Whole Foods. I love Prime Now delivery system. I've used it to order everything from a new computer mouse and an Echo to blueberries and restaurant meals. Prime Now is a part of the Prime Membership, but it's not available in all areas.

 

There's a discount program that Amazon is implementing at Whole Foods, where Amazon Prime members will get discounts and coupons, kind of like other grocery stores have membership cards. They haven't rolled it out to all locations and are piloting it in a few places now, so I have no experience with that yet.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,468
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Amazon Prime and Whole Foods

@Alison Wonderland@millieshops

 

I just now tried to install the AMAZON app for the Whole Foods program.

GIANT FAIL!

This developer made a huge mistake, apparently, since in order to use the app, one has to “allow content from unknown sources.

 

Your Android device may require you to enable the Unknown Sources setting.”

 

This practice is recognized as completely unsafe.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,353
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Amazon Prime and Whole Foods

I've never ordered groceries from Amazon, just everything else.

 

However, my daughter lives in Denver and uses them all of the time.

 

She said it works out to being expensive, but the convenience is worth it.  She said by the time you pay and then you pay the tips, etc, it gets expensive but she likes them.

 

When I was recently visiting, there were a few things she wanted me to cook and forgot some ingredients.  She texted Amazon and they arrived within a short time.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,596
Registered: ‎02-05-2018

Re: Amazon Prime and Whole Foods


@LTT1 wrote:

@Alison Wonderland@millieshops

 

I just now tried to install the AMAZON app for the Whole Foods program.

GIANT FAIL!

This developer made a huge mistake, apparently, since in order to use the app, one has to “allow content from unknown sources.

 

Your Android device may require you to enable the Unknown Sources setting.”

 

This practice is recognized as completely unsafe.


Which app are you talking about? Amazon has more than a dozen apps and they do not have one just for Whole Foods or Whole Foods Program?

 

I don't have that setting on my iPhone, so I don't know anything about that Android issue.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,596
Registered: ‎02-05-2018

Re: Amazon Prime and Whole Foods


@Annabellethecat wrote:

I've never ordered groceries from Amazon, just everything else.

 

However, my daughter lives in Denver and uses them all of the time.

 

She said it works out to being expensive, but the convenience is worth it.  She said by the time you pay and then you pay the tips, etc, it gets expensive but she likes them.

 

When I was recently visiting, there were a few things she wanted me to cook and forgot some ingredients.  She texted Amazon and they arrived within a short time.


Amazon and other delivery companies have made being sick while single SO much easier. Before Amazon, if I got sick, I'd have to go to the store, even if I wasn't in any shape to do so and would make others sick, or call a friend to drop off tissues, medications, toilet paper, whatever necessity could not wait. Now I can use an app to have items deliverered and ask the delivery person to leave them at the door without even making contact with me - I don't need to pass my germs on to anyone.

 

It does cost more, so I don't do the bulk of my shopping though any delivery service, but it's a fantastic supplement. I've even had them deliver a computer mouse when I was working from home and left mine at the office. My friend has used them for new computer power cords when she's traveled to give presentatations and teach classes and she's had a cord go missing or get damaged. It's fantastic.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,771
Registered: ‎06-17-2015

Re: Amazon Prime and Whole Foods

@LTT1  Are you referring to shopping Amazon Prime for Whole Foods items or are you talking about the app for your phone to scan at a register at a regular Whole Foods store???

 

 

" Don't back down yet. It'll get brighter. Stand your ground like a veteran fighter." -Joe Pug
Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,468
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Amazon Prime and Whole Foods

@Cakers@Alison Wonderland

 

Well, I went back into the app just now and it is working!

There is a QR code there.

Forget what I wrote.

The app is an Amazon app and can be accessed through Amazon under prime day deals Whole Foods.

 

If you make sure to link your cell phone number to your Amazon account, you may not really need the app.