Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime and Whole Foods

@LTT1 wrote:

@Cakers3

When I went to the site (shown in previous post) I downloaded the app through Amazon 

“Prime at Whole Foods Market/Download the App to Save/wholefoodmarket.com”

a screen popped up for me to enter my cell phone number.

8B8DAA8D-5166-4AE3-943C-D5977533965A.jpeg

@LTT1  I'll be honest here-DS did all of it for me.  LOL  I'm on his Prime Account so I'm not even sure if it's my phone number or his on the app.

So I just let them scan that scan thingy-that black and white jumbled looking thing.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

We might like to try the online program, if there is any price advantage.

Does anyone use the program?

How does it work?

Do you like it?

@LTT1

I  don't have a smart phone, just a regular cell phone.  I had to add text capababilities so I could get their text confirmation for my number.  (Then I cancelled the text after amazon confirmed.  I never use text otherwise.)

What I signed up for is not for online use, but for their discount program while shopping at any local Whole Foods store.

I give them my cell number at checkout to receive the discount on any items that are on the prime discount that particular day.

But it looks as if you are talking about ordering online through the amazon site.

(Frankly, it was annoying at first because other stores have discount programs where they don't make you use texts for confirmation.    I would have thought amazon could confirm Prime membership in another way.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

I definitely know I'm in the minority here; but IMHO I'd like to voice my opinion regarding Amazon & Whole Foods..

I live on the East Coast & I really liked my Whole Foods, until Amazon took over.. The people working there are not happy at all; sales have gone down along with the quality of produce they're selling now.. This was told to me by the head produce manager..

While I was at the register, I asked the cashier how come they don't have those discount coupon booklets like before..  She told me they did away with that and they only way to get a discount is if you're an Amazon Prime member... Hummmm! !!! ...

As you tell by now, I'm not a fan of Amazon.. My daughter & her husband are members & I always tell them to avoid shopping there.. I could go on about this company but I will let the link below speak for itself.. This is just one of several articles I read...

I'm sure in other parts of our wonderful country it's a big help & convenience; but IMHO, Amazon is becoming, or is, already a MONOPOLY..

Don't misunderstand me; I applaud success & achievement, but at what cost; just my humble opinion..

http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/latestnews/entryid/1571/amazon-s-jeff-bezos-wins-ituc-s-world-s-worst...

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

Truth be told, I started out my first post in a very confused state!

As it turns out, the program is for use while shopping in the Whole Foods store. 

Glad you were able to join for discounts, but so sorry you had to sign up for texts.

Here is my story on this... I have never been able to figure out how grocery stores were going to bridge the coupon gap. How would they read my receipts for discounted items.

So, DH comes home from Whole Foods with a flier (oh dear) about how to save there through Amazon.

I dreaded trying to figure this out...besides, DH is pretty much “technology resistant.” The QR code for our paperless airline tickets might as well be from “GORT.”

Gif

‘From the b/w movie “The Day the Earth Stood Still” (1951)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@GingerPeach

As it turns out, the program is for use while shopping in the Whole Foods store. 

Glad you were able to join for discounts, but so sorry you had to sign up for texts.

Here is my story on this... I have never been able to figure out how grocery stores were going to bridge the coupon gap. How would they read my receipts for discounted items.

So, DH comes home from Whole Foods with a flier (oh dear) about how to save there through Amazon.

I dreaded trying to figure this out...besides, DH is pretty much “technology resistant.” The QR code for our paperless airline tickets might as well be from “GORT.”

Gif

Very cute, @LTT1  I feel your pain. 

It was totally annoying to me since, as @classic says, the store has changed since having been bought by amazon.  It now has some of that amazon arrogance (or Bezos arrogance). 

They even now sell GMO altered fruits without a sign.  No matter how anyone feels about GMOs, the minimum ought to be a notice.  The "old" WF would have done so.  I only realized it because I just learned about sticker number codes on produce.  When they start with an "8" they are GMO.  I seem to recall the old WF used to either label that kind of thing or not sell it at all.

Anyway, WF is still a good place to get organic produce and some other things I believe in, so for the time being, I'll still shop there.

And they ask for your membership at the register only if you happen to purchase any of the discounted items and they see it as they are ringing up your purchases.

Super Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@GingerPeach

Gif

Very cute, @LTT1  I feel your pain. 

It was totally annoying to me since, as @classic says, the store has changed since having been bought by amazon.  It now has some of that amazon arrogance (or Bezos arrogance). 

They even now sell GMO altered fruits without a sign.  No matter how anyone feels about GMOs, the minimum ought to be a notice.  The "old" WF would have done so.  I only realized it because I just learned about sticker number codes on produce.  When they start with an "8" they are GMO.  I seem to recall the old WF used to either label that kind of thing or not sell it at all.

Anyway, WF is still a good place to get organic produce and some other things I believe in, so for the time being, I'll still shop there.

And they ask for your membership at the register only if you happen to purchase any of the discounted items and they see it as they are ringing up your purchases.

So very, very true about your observance of the AMAZON ARROGANCE... I highly agree with you....  I'm so glad you understand where I'm coming from..

I'm a label reader & try very, very hard to buy organic food.. I'm familiar with the sticker codes on the fruits & vegetables.. The sticker is called ( the price lookup code ); anything that starts with the number " 9 "is organic; the number " 4 " is considered to be somewhat altered... I had a list of the codes and how to interpret them.. I'll look for it and if I can find it, I will post it..

Shopping at WF, you get to know the people there & believe me what I heard, isn't to flattering for the company.. 

Honored Contributor

Hi @classic

I had a thread about those codes, and they were listed by me and some others.   It's hard to deal with arrogance, isn't it?

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/Sticker-codes-on-fruit-decoded/m-p/4706544/highlight/true#M136...

Super Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Hi @classic

I had a thread about those codes, and they were listed by me and some others.   It's hard to deal with arrogance, isn't it?

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/Sticker-codes-on-fruit-decoded/m-p/4706544/highlight/true#M136...

Thanks for posting the codes.. 

I loathe arrogance!!! ...