Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime and Whole Foods

@DiAnne wrote:

@spot555

I used to buy produce at Whole Foods and they had (at that time) both organic and conventially grown produce and they were marked.  

I have never considered Trader Joe's an organic market especially after they were sold years ago.  

@DiAnne  I don't ever recall TJ's being a totally organic market.  They carried both organic and non-organic in every TJ's I've ever shopped.

I also didn't know that they were sold.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@spot555

I used to buy produce at Whole Foods and they had (at that time) both organic and conventially grown produce and they were marked.  

I have never considered Trader Joe's an organic market especially after they were sold years ago.  

@DiAnne  I don't ever recall TJ's being a totally organic market.  They carried both organic and non-organic in every TJ's I've ever shopped.

The original stores opened in 1958 under the name Pronto, were re-named TJ's in 1967, and were sold to the Aldi's family in 1979. To my knowledge looking it up online, the last "sale" of the company was 38 years ago. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

@spot555

The original stores opened in 1958 under the name Pronto, were re-named TJ's in 1967, and were sold to the Aldi's family in 1979. To my knowledge looking it up online, the last "sale" of the company was 38 years ago. 

I did not know the exact date but that was when they began expanding out of Southern California.  I was born in Pasadena and remember the old stores - best known for cheese and wine.