Honored Contributor

My Amazon Prime subscription was just automatically renewed for another year (they don't give you notice that it is renewing). Now I must not have been paying attention to how much it cost, but it is now $151! When did it get so expensive, I remember it being $119 at one time, but I guess each year it has steadily gone up in price?

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Subscription

I remember when it was  99

Respected Contributor

We paid $79.00 when we first had Prime. I would not subscribe now but husband wants to continue.

Honored Contributor

I dont have it, I order on occassion and make sure I have $25 for free shipping. I have no use for their other services. 

Honored Contributor

It goes up every year.  Mine renewed in February at $139.  It's more than worth it for us.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

But for that fee, it's not just free shipping ( I'm sure everyone knows), But there are great video shows and awesome daily yoga and right at home, etc!  Love Julia Marie, she is so amazing and knowledgeable!
We live in the boonies where there no shopping close by.  We use it! 

Trusted Contributor

They comped it to us when it first came about, and then it was $79. They say if you use all the benefits (music, movies, games, digital books, free shipping on Woot, membership in GrubHub....etc....) that it is worth it. We do not use them all but DH likes the prime shipping and delivery so we keep it. We had the business membership but canceled it, too expensive (don't remember the cost).

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I remember when it was  99

@Shelbelle  it was not that long ago...

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   Now we have to pay for those cute Prime trucks.  I believe it was about $79 when I first joined.

If you don't want it, call and cancel. 

Just heard this morning that the FTC is considering new rules for online subscription renewals which are sometimes difficult to cancel. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

we were paying $59 for a number of years because my kids were in college and we got the student discount. that ended about a year and a half ago.

not sure we will keep it if it keeps going up. we dont use a lot of the other services like music or videos and we rarely get next day shipping anymore. ours renews around january i believe. i may have to get everyone to chip in if they want to keep it. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein