Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Subscription

@Jordan2 

6317BC58-4D04-4CCA-AAB9-66B45B817E9C.jpeg

Honored Contributor

So I figured out the taxes on $139 and it's about $12 which brings you to the grand total of $151. It's getting too expensive. 

Respected Contributor

Yes I remember when it cost  $ 99....I don't subscribe anymore, but as I recall when it came time to renew I received an email...

Esteemed Contributor

Mine pays for itself.  I have no real stores around me.  And if I ever go into one I have so much fun finding what I want or need.  Better shop Amazon.

I do have a question about the $25.  Does that mean if my order is $25 or more no shipping charges.  Everything? Or only some items.

Honored Contributor

I order a lot so it’s worth it for us. Plus Prime Video. We also have the upgraded Music Unlimited.
Trusted Contributor

Respected Contributor

Not only has the price gone up, but the shipping has gone down.I believe one of the reasons I got it originally was 2 day shipping. I have noticed that only seems to happen maybe 60 to 70% of the time now!!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

Tax on Amazon Prime

Amazon Prime includes multiple benefits such as free two day shipping, free unlimited photo storage, plus exclusive access to movies, music and Kindle books. To determine the taxability of Prime, taxing authorities were requested by Amazon to provide guidance. As a result, Amazon Prime is subject to tax in the following states:

I don't think I've ever actually gotten 2-day shipping with Prime.  More like 4 or 5 day.  I just placed an order on Monday.  The order is split.  One item is expected anywhere from today thru MAR 27.  The other part of the order will supposedly be here on Saturday.  Luckily, I'm rarely in that big a hurry to get something, but 2-day shipping is a joke.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amazon is having some financial issues due to hiring extra people for the pandemic and changes in shopping as the pandemic needs lessened. They laid off 27,000 workers since January. I can see why they raised their membership fee.

The small increase in membership fee is OK with me as I watch Amazon Prime Video multiple times a week and I order items from Amazon so frequently that the free shipping pays for itself. I also shop with Amazon Grocery. I order gifts from them and the delivery is so easy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Within your membership account settings, you can check a box that will notify you in advance of the renewal and what the current fee is.  We started when it was $99. Our renewal this year was $139.  Yes, it's a lot but we shop Amazon a lot, and postage has gone up, so I can't find anything to complain about.