Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Membership..... $72.00 tomorrow only

On 1/24/2015 qvcaddition said: Not fair to us old members. I,m going to e mail them about it. They are good about refunds.

I emailed as they just renewed my membership last week. Basically was told they couldn't do anything. I wrote back next year I was cancelling and waiting for a promotion. I think if they get enough complaints might change their mind.

Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 milly said:
On 1/24/2015 qvcaddition said: Not fair to us old members. I,m going to e mail them about it. They are good about refunds.

I emailed as they just renewed my membership last week. Basically was told they couldn't do anything. I wrote back next year I was cancelling and waiting for a promotion. I think if they get enough complaints might change their mind.

I know what you mean. It stings some, but it's really no different than when you buy something at a price and a few weeks later it goes on sale and you don't get the price- clothes, grocery store, whatever.

I do know what you mean though. I just renewed my prime at the end of December.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

On 1/24/2015 milly said:

I know that many companies offer promotions to "new customers" and I don't understand complaints about Amazon doing the same. You didn't find the price "unfair" when you subscribed so why is it unfair now?

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor

Would it be worth it for customers who do not have a Kindle and only shop there occasionally?

Trusted Contributor

On 1/24/2015 MaggieToo said:

Would it be worth it for customers who do not have a Kindle and only shop there occasionally?

I do a lot of shopping, have a Kindle and like their streaming service. I'm not sure it would be worth it for an occasional shopper as you can often get free shipping without it. If they are offering a 30 day free trial, you might give it a try.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor

On 1/24/2015 gidgetgoeshawaiian said:

The deal is actually for today, the 24th, not tomorrow.

I posted it last night {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

The thing with adding people to your account is supposed to be family members in the same household. I think a lot of people are cheating the system and that was one big reason they ended up increasing the price for all of us.

As for this promo - it's just a promo offering a lower price for the first year for NEW members. Everybody does that sort of thing. It doesn't mean they are cheating everybody else. When I started back with Prime I got a $59 promo price for the first year and that was several years ago.

Super Contributor

On 1/24/2015 adelle38 said:
On 1/24/2015 MaggieToo said:

I do a lot of shopping, have a Kindle and like their streaming service. I'm not sure it would be worth it for an occasional shopper as you can often get free shipping without it. If they are offering a 30 day free trial, you might give it a try.

Thanks for the info. I usually get the free shipping as I have over their requirement for that.

Super Contributor

My DIL uses our account without the "adding process". She just put her credit card info in as another source of payment on my account, and when she wants to ship something, she just changes it to her address.

Only drawback is we can both see what the other has ordered, so I cannot surprise her with a gift from Amazon Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 1/24/2015 chickenbutt said:

The thing with adding people to your account is supposed to be family members in the same household. I think a lot of people are cheating the system and that was one big reason they ended up increasing the price for all of us.

yes . . . so we'll all be paying a higher price yet again with more cheating.

we count our college aged daughter and ship to her address at school, but she is also on our taxes and on our health insurance. but IF I started adding invites to sign up to my extended family across the country . . . eh I don't think so.