Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Day 7/11-12

@sugar plum wrote:
I just purchased my very first iPad. 9th Gen, 64 GB for $249.00. I've had this in my cart for awhile and finally took the plunge.

I was a nervous wreck too because I haven't used a MAC product in years, plus trying to fit it into my budget is going to be interesting but I'll manage. It's a need, not a want, so there's that.

Also, I'm not happy with my Amazon Fire 10 or 8 HD tablet. Too slow and battery is pitiful.

Wish me luck! That's it for me for Prime Day.

Happy shopping for those who find good deals!

Too afraid to look, but that's probably what I bought in December from them.  Still in box unopened. What was I thinking?

Trusted Contributor

Ugh, I have to stop. I normally don’t see the allure of Amazon Prime Day, but I just purchased an ergonomic office chair (badly needed). I also bought a pair of sneakers but used my Capital One points so they were at least free.

Just so tired of dealing with the boxes.
Respected Contributor

I didn't buy much.  Not interested in the electronic stuff.  I bought some back to school supplies, scrunchies and barrettes, manicure/pedicure set and a box of latex gloves.  Not very exciting.

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2 My Amazon Prime Day shopping this year is for picking up some saved for later and wish list items, no big deals like electronics. I ordered 9 items that had a lower Prime Day price for a net savings of just over $70.

Further, by grouping my purchases to delay the shipping dates, it allowed me to accumulate $9 in Amazon Prime digital credits, thus having some more "free" movie rentals.  

For my "love to stay home, avoid the many annoying (or worse) people that cause wear and tear on my brain" lifestyle, and of course save gas ($$!), Amazon is the bomb diggity of shopping. 

Honored Contributor

ALL PRIME DEALS

Velvet hangers

echo/smart bulb

2 electric plug timers

two Wander beauty lash serums

lighted compact magnifying mirror

etc

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

@Linda0215 Oh, yeah, the boxes: Walmart, Chewy, Amazon, Zulily, et al. Then there are the boxes inside the boxes. They can pile up fast. Glad where I live has weekly recycle pick up.

Hope your new chair works out. I just replaced my office chair this year. You should have seen the old one, not even the bulk trash shoppers would have wanted it. The little casters still rolled perfectly tho.

Esteemed Contributor

@frenchie wrote:

Two things I was going to buy yesterday are more today. Do you need to put it in your cart for the better price? Should have bought yesterday. 

@frenchie I would put it in my cart and wait, and check your cart in a couple of hours.  I have seen same day price changes of things in my cart.  They don't flag the price change, but I remember the price, and is now lower.

Still deciding what to buy....

For those who think they need nothing, things like paper are reduced in price.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Absolutely !  I received an email to start my list to boost my prime awards.

@Goodie2shoes How does that work?  I don't think I got an E-mail, but those go to my E-mail account for everything internet, so I mostly just scan through.  I just don't understand about boosting your rewards.  

@Icegoddess I have never heard of "prime awards" either.  It would be good to hear from @Goodie2shoes.

PS - I saw a Vital Protein on sale, I think you had asked me about that product.  I buy the kind with hyaluronic acid, and the one with hyaluronic acid was not on sale last I checked.  May be different for you.  Amazon tells me some deals are just for me.  I think that is possible because they really target us.  

Not sure if the hyaluronic acid is needed for the effectiveness of this product, or just a plus.  When I first bought it that's what I bought, and I have stuck with that.

Valued Contributor

My iPad just arrived a day early! In all the excitement I forgot that I need a case. Duh on me. lol

After extensive searching I'm thinking about the ZUGU Case.

Zugu_iPadCase_7th_8thGen_10.2Red_1_1024x.png

It's $40 though. Anyone have other options that work well? TIA

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

WHAT is an INVITE ONLY ad how do you get it?  I've been a Prime Member for years and am not aware of INVITES.  Thanks all.

I have a 20lb. Kettlebell in my cart and I'm still looking!

@nyc1  Amazon says you will see it above or below the price on the product page.  If you want the deal, you can ask for the invite.  I guess they are limiting the quantity, not sure what purpose it serves. I have been shopping and haven't seen any invite only prices.