Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Accused of Cheating Customers With ""Free Shipping"" Claim

Noel - Please forgive me for being a jokester, but you bought your daughter a cannon??

Seriously, though, I keep a 'wishlist' there for items I'm watching. I got this awesome Sony Blu-ray player, with all the apps, last year, that I'd been watching in my wishlist for many months. It was always priced in the $80 to $100 range. On Thanksgiving day it went down to $54.99 and I grabbed it.

It is very helpful to keep a wishlist and check it daily. Smiley Happy Also, be sure to check 'private'.

Honored Contributor

On 3/13/2014 chickenbutt said:

Noel - Please forgive me for being a jokester, but you bought your daughter a cannon??

Seriously, though, I keep a 'wishlist' there for items I'm watching. I got this awesome Sony Blu-ray player, with all the apps, last year, that I'd been watching in my wishlist for many months. It was always priced in the $80 to $100 range. On Thanksgiving day it went down to $54.99 and I grabbed it.

It is very helpful to keep a wishlist and check it daily. Smiley Happy Also, be sure to check 'private'.

LOL! I know you will forgive me, it's not a good day for me {#emotions_dlg.blink}

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Contributor

I make sure to know prices before I shop and not only that, many books and DVDS as well as other items are discounted later and Amazon always credits me for them without my even looking or knowing they were discounted. I am a happy Prime Customer and certainly will benefit from the membership even when it is raised $20.00 a year from now (for me).

Respected Contributor

On 3/13/2014 blahblahvampemerblah said:

To those defending Amazon, I would recommend doing some research into the many types of algorithms they use. Some are seriously hinky. Two people checking from two different zip codes can get two different prices for the very same item for example.

Walmart does that in their B&M stores regularly, at least in my area. In addition, while they say they'll price match, they WON'T price match their own stores or their web. The had an item available on the internet with an order here, pick up at the store same day. I even pulled the item up on my smart phone and showed it to the clerk, she said nope, can't do it. I said fine and stepped back from the counter. I stayed within sight and ordered it on the internet site with pick-up in store. I then stepped back in line and when I got to the counter, I presented by e-mail confirmation and got the item at the price I wanted. I would have gone elsewhere and thumbed my nose at Walmart, but the price was significantly better than anywhere else.

Honored Contributor

On 3/13/2014 chickenbutt said:

This is kind of twisting the reality. Besides, on the right side of every item is the offerings from other vendors and you choose which one you want to purchase.

I always look, and I always look around. I know what is a good price and what isn't. Much more often than not, the Prime prices offered are the best price available.

Just because some of the vendors wised up and lowered their base price, then added on their shipping doesn't mean that Amazon is ripping people off. I am only ripped off if I choose to be, but that has not happened in more than ten years of shopping at Amazon.

My thoughts exactly! I never just order without going to many...many sites before deciding what is the best price for an item. The internet is very easy to research.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**