Esteemed Contributor

Amazon Limiting Incoming Product Shipments

Amazon said Tuesday that it will only accept shipments of cleaning equipment, medical supplies, and household staples from suppliers at its warehouses for next three weeks to fill surging demand, per the AP. The online retailer has been sold out of items like disinfecting wipes and toilet paper as the coronavirus spreads and more people stay home and shop online. Amazon will allow shipments of household items including baby products, groceries, and pet supplies.

Amazon said the restrictions will last until April 5. A company email cites six categories getting priority, reports Business Insider: baby product; health and household (including personal-care appliances); beauty and personal care; grocery; industrial and scientific; pet supplies. The new rules apply to large vendors and third-party sellers, who list items to sell on Amazon.com directly. Shoppers can still order any items that have already shipped to Amazon warehouses before Tuesday.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Limiting Incoming Product Shipments

What took them so long?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

i dont understand the post. can people only order tbose items or are you talking about amazons relationship to their vendors. what are you saying? i shop heavily via amazon, so i need to understand this..... 

Honored Contributor

They are saying they will only accept new merchandise in the categories mentioned.  You can still order anything that is already in their system.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

i dont understand the post. can people only order tbose items or are you talking about amazons relationship to their vendors. what are you saying? i shop heavily via amazon, so i need to understand this..... 

@Goldengate8361 

It is mostly an inconvenience for sellers on Amazon. If the products they are selling don’t qualify, they won’t be allowed to go to Amazon’s warehouses & be shipped from Amazon. This just means that the sellers will have to ship the products themselves. They will still be available but it may take longer to get those items.

Honored Contributor

That's cool!  Good for them!  

Honored Contributor

The products they order and sell is their bread and butter.  Letting other companies ship through them is the jelly on top.  If they want to stay on top, they need to get the supplies the people need.  If they don't, they will get it elsewhere and may not come back.  I think it's a good move being a leader in the market place.