Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Is About to Transform How You Buy Groceries

Like many things, if you live a rural life or live in an area that isn't densely populated "enough" for the businesses to make it worthwhile, this won't exist.

No Uber, no restaurant delivery, no Medicare Advantage, no Prime Now, no Amazon food deliveries. No citywide wifi. Doesn't exist where I live, and won't until population density triples. The large chains just don't feel it's worth it, and residents are consciously left out.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Will you be my mommy?  Hope he appreciates you.

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Will you be my mommy?  Hope he appreciates you.

Sorry, I meant to quote wildcat fan.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

I enjoy going grocery shopping.Esp. in the wonderful open air markets we have in Florida or the huge farmers markets in Pa. once they open. I wouldn't like grocery delivery.

However, I certainly can understand the value of it for some people, and if we still lived up north in the winter I would appreciate it .

@151949 . I totally agree!  Since I work from home it's nice to get out even though it's not terribly exciting going to the supermarket.  Plus I like to select my own produce.  I'm kind of picky that way.

I'm in southeastern Pa and we have wonderful farmer's markets here starting in May through Thanksgiving.  It's not just shopping for produce but they have entertainment as well as crafts too...It's nice to run into some neighbors while out.

Honored Contributor

When I had ankle surgery and had to be in a wheelchair I called once and had some groceries delivered. The produce was not even edible - was past it's prime to put it nicely.After that , when DH shopped on the weekend he was more careful to be certain he got everything I may possibly need.

Respected Contributor

No one will be carrying my melons, I don't want anyone picking out my fruit, my meat etc.  There is a line to be drawn with groceries, I want to choose myself.  I can just see this, if there is a shortage, you are only allowed for example a half pound instead of a pound.  Also, one of our local higher end grocery store has an online store and you need to order what they offer, for example, there isn't a place to order 2 rolls, you must order 6.  If you order hamburger meat, you must order in increments of 1#.

America is turning into the Country of Lazy.

Respected Contributor

No change for me, I don't use Amazon. I shop local meat store, grocery store & farmers market, always have & always will.

Honored Contributor

Choices are always good, of course.  I love Amazon and even do purchase some food products there.  As for my general grocery shopping, however, they won't likely affect how I carry that out.

There are so many things for which I would have to make my own choices, based on the obvious aspects of produce/meat/fresh products AND making sure I am copacetic with 'use by' dates on prepared (canned, etc) and dairy products.   

But, again, choices are great because everybody has their own personal needs so I'm glad that there are more choices.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am almost 62 and changing things up like not shopping for my own groceries is something I would not go into quickly.   I am VERY VERY choosy and picky. Dates  on packaging is hugely important to me you know that they are going to send out the oldest products first. 

I will not take part in this for a long time......yet, that is what I also said  about Amazon prime and their auto ship program and now I am a part of that.  It gets addicting having things made easier for you. 🤗

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry Amazon, I select and choose my produce and meats.  My eyes work well enough to know what's fresh and acceptable to me. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust