Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Halts Grocery Orders

We aren't crazy about having someone (who knows who) picking out our groceries, then someone else (who knows who) packing them, only to have someone else (who knows who) putting our order into their possibly germ-infested truck.  

We are worried about going into the stores ourselves, but at least we know we are taking precautions and what will be in our bags when we get home.

We ventured out this morning, got much of which we needed but still had to get some subsitutions (at least not ham instead of steak lol) put our reusable bags directly in the wash with chlorox, cleaned the counter and washed our hands.

Just doing the best we can.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee   Yes I'd be interested in your experience too...I see city market and Albertsons has it in my area...DW

Honored Contributor

I think grocery shopping has become the new national past time.  It must be totally consuming many people.  I'd just like to know why neither Walmart or Amazon, the nation's largest merchants, have had no toilet paper in the past two weeks?  Have they quit making the stuff?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think grocery shopping has become the new national past time.  It must be totally consuming many people.  I'd just like to know why neither Walmart or Amazon, the nation's largest merchants, have had no toilet paper in the past two weeks?  Have they quit making the stuff?

I ordered toilet paper from WalMart last weekend. They don't have any now, but it was available as recently as a week ago. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Instacart stuff just arrived (from King Soopers /Krogers). I got most of what I ordered with a few things substituted with similar items, for instance I got a dozen brown eggs instead of 18-ct of white eggs. Can fruit were not available in my order, no substitutes for them either. Fresh produce looked good and fresh.  I got my F a g e yogurt. My order wasn't large but I needed some fresh veggies and fresh fruit which I got...that was the most important part of my order. 

I still can't get over how quickly I got my stuff!! I'm very happy now. I will definitely use them again later.

@Spurt 

@tansy 

@dancingwoman 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

My Instacart stuff just arrived (from King Soopers /Krogers). I got most of what I ordered with a few things substituted with similar items, for instance I got a dozen brown eggs instead of 18-ct of white eggs. Can fruit were not available in my order, no substitutes for them either. Fresh produce looked good and fresh.  I got my F a g e yogurt. My order wasn't large but I needed some fresh veggies and fresh fruit which I got...that was the most important part of my order. 

I still can't get over how quickly I got my stuff!! I'm very happy now. I will definitely use them again later.

@Spurt 

@tansy 

@dancingwoman 

@SilleeMee 

Im so glad you had a good experience! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Spurt 

@tansy 

@dancingwoman 

Thanks for letting us know.  All in all it sounds like the shopper did pretty good for you.  I like that yogurt, too 😋

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just received two food deliveries yesterday (March 19th) from Whole Foods through Amazon and Amazon Fresh.   There were no substitutions.  I  received exactly what I ordered on March 17th.  Perhaps I just got lucky.  

Respected Contributor

We have continued our weekly pickup at Krogers.  Just harder to get a time and more don't haves.

This will be the year of substitutions.

Honored Contributor

We get recipe boxes from Hello Fresh and Everyplate, so we don't need to do as much shopping for perishable stuff (except for eggs and milk and my yogurts). Plenty of fresh ingredients that way.

I'm really enjoying it now so I hope there are no interruptions. Seems to me that if there were an issue getting a particular ingredient, they could just change the meals offered to only include ingredients they found easier to source.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr