Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Halts Grocery Orders

I placed my Instacart order at about 8am. It will delivered to my door later today. I'm totally shocked!

Respected Contributor

After reading another post this morning, where the OP said her Amazon Fresh order was delivered within 2 days), I decided to give it a try. My items were all in stock, but there were no delivery times available in the next few days. They said to try again later. So much for that idea. Maybe I'll try again next week.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I placed my Instacart order at about 8am. It will delivered to my door later today. I'm totally shocked!

Yay!  Let us know when it's delivered, @SilleeMee.  I've been worried about you since I saw an earlier post.

Super Contributor

@Trinity11   You should call Amazon customer service and report the substitutions that were done in error.  They will credit you immediately.  I am in NYC (Bklyn) and order Whole Foods delivery all the time (had one last night).  Very few errors and if there is one, they credited me with no problem.  It's been a great service for me.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yay!  Let us know when it's delivered, @SilleeMee.  I've been worried about you since I saw an earlier post.

Oh thank your for your concern Woman Happy @tansy  

I'll post my review for Instacart's delivery service once I get my stuff. It's my very first order with them and I'm excited. Never had groceries delivered before.

Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

This concerns me. It seems like the supply chains overall are under strain, and it's a bit early for that to be happening. I'm talking beyond just the TP shortages, which are understandable mob psychology and are short term and temporary.

Don't want to scare anyone. And who particularly cares what I think about supply chains anyway? I just really don't want to be without my Amazon orders and other ecommerce conveniences. It would be a new layer of something I don't want to deal with to have that taken away. I could handle it. But I really don't want to need to.

Unfortunately the mob mentality has caused these shortages.  I still don't understand why everyone is still flocking to the grocery store.  Shouldn't you have most of what you need by now.  I just hope the food these people purchased does not go to waste.  I know my 5 loaves of bread won't but they also won't last a week in my house either.

If you expect Fed Ex and UPS they will likely be delaying deliveries.

I tried to place a pick up order for Sams but they don't aren't offering them now so I just went out this morning because I needed bread.

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

This concerns me. It seems like the supply chains overall are under strain, and it's a bit early for that to be happening. I'm talking beyond just the TP shortages, which are understandable mob psychology and are short term and temporary.

Don't want to scare anyone. And who particularly cares what I think about supply chains anyway? I just really don't want to be without my Amazon orders and other ecommerce conveniences. It would be a new layer of something I don't want to deal with to have that taken away. I could handle it. But I really don't want to need to.

Unfortunately the mob mentality has caused these shortages.  I still don't understand why everyone is still flocking to the grocery store.  Shouldn't you have most of what you need by now.  I just hope the food these people purchased does not go to waste.  I know my 5 loaves of bread won't but they also won't last a week in my house either.

I tried to place a pick up order for Sams but they don't aren't offering them now so I just went out this morning because I needed bread.

My mentality right now, @mimomof4, is that I don't want to have to leave the house any more than is necessary.  Right now, there are no delivery options for my location, so yes, my husband and I did stock up.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@mimomof4 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

My mentality right now, @mimomof4, is that I don't want to have to leave the house any more than is necessary.  Right now, there are no delivery options for my location, so yes, my husband and I did stock up.

We are a family of 6.  There is no way I can go more than a week without shopping for essentials - Milk and bread. Our freezer is always stocked but usually I like to grab some turkey burger or other meat every week but can't find it now so we are living off what was already in our stock.  My husband just drove by a grocery store on his way home and said it was packed.  I just don't get it, its been that way for a week in Michigan.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Let me know how it goes....keep the App open or web page on your computer in case your shopper needs to communicate with you....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Let me know how it goes....keep the App open or web page on your computer in case your shopper needs to communicate with you....

Yes the shopper just texted me. @Spurt